Deploying Windows Messenger 5.1

Is there a way to deploy and control contact lists for an Windows 2003
Server organization using GPO or something similar? I not only want to
pre-configure contact lists, but I want the ability to amend/remove contacts
as well, establish basic client settings, etc etc...

TIA,
Bob
2 answers Last reply
More about deploying windows messenger

    Unfortunately, no. There used to be a product called LCS Buddy Manager,
    which would perform a function similar to that which you desire. The
    downside is that this software is no longer in production, best that can be
    told.

    --
    Bob Christian II
    http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog

    "Robert Manjoney" <rjmct@acm.org> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to deploy and control contact lists for an Windows 2003
    > Server organization using GPO or something similar? I not only want to
    > pre-configure contact lists, but I want the ability to amend/remove
    > contacts as well, establish basic client settings, etc etc...
    >

    > TIA,
    > Bob

    There is GPO for Windows Messenger, I'm looking at it right now.

    I have XP SP 2 (all patches) plus Windows Messenger 5.1

    Open Group policy on your MMC and you will find "Windows Messenger Policy
    Setting's"

    Richard

    "Bob Christian" wrote:

    > Unfortunately, no. There used to be a product called LCS Buddy Manager,
    > which would perform a function similar to that which you desire. The
    > downside is that this software is no longer in production, best that can be
    > told.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Christian II
    > http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog
    >

    > "Robert Manjoney" <rjmct@acm.org> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way to deploy and control contact lists for an Windows 2003
    > > Server organization using GPO or something similar? I not only want to
    > > pre-configure contact lists, but I want the ability to amend/remove
    > > contacts as well, establish basic client settings, etc etc...
    > >

    > > TIA,
    > > Bob

Windows Server 2003 Messenger Microsoft Windows XP