Is there a way to deploy and control contact lists for an Windows 2003
Server organization using GPO or something similar? I not only want to
pre-configure contact lists, but I want the ability to amend/remove contacts
as well, establish basic client settings, etc etc...

TIA,
Bob

Unfortunately, no. There used to be a product called LCS Buddy Manager,
which would perform a function similar to that which you desire. The
downside is that this software is no longer in production, best that can be
told.

--
Bob Christian II
http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog

"Robert Manjoney" <rjmct@acm.org> wrote in message
> Is there a way to deploy and control contact lists for an Windows 2003
> Server organization using GPO or something similar? I not only want to
> pre-configure contact lists, but I want the ability to amend/remove
> contacts as well, establish basic client settings, etc etc...
>

> TIA,
> Bob

There is GPO for Windows Messenger, I'm looking at it right now.

I have XP SP 2 (all patches) plus Windows Messenger 5.1

Open Group policy on your MMC and you will find "Windows Messenger Policy
Setting's"

Richard