New setup won't run 3DMark

quarkmachine

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2002
Just got my new Asus P4S333, P4 1.8a, Corsair cas2 PC2700 installed, running WinXP. Also running a GF3. Now that i'm using this new combo (only 3 items changed + reinstall of XP). 3DMark 2001SE won't run... gives an error about processor needing to support MMX. The games i've installed so far all run fine as well as dxdiag. Also SysMark2002 runs like a champ. Has anybody else run into this error? I've redownloaded 3DMark, installs fine but still won't run, I'd really like to score my system with the upgrades! Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

"Takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory."

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
a P4 without MMX...thats kinda odd...anyways...i doubt the problem is th processor...you could try d/ling new drivers for your video card...but thats just a guess for me...
another thing you could try is updating the BIOS...

<b><font color=red>ATI</font color=red>'s drivers are like a broken faucet, they both keep on leaking...</b> :cool:

Kidane

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2002
I'm sorry, but what's the matter? If everything else works fine, then it's not that big a deal. 3dmark is just another penis-envy guy thing. I know girls with fast computers and they've never benchmarked them. Of course, they only play solitaire on their AXP2000s, but still.

Try using the Detenators from NVidia. If that's what you're using, then try using the drivers that came with your card. Other than that, I dunno.

Kidane

Det finns inget dåligt väder - bara dåliga kläder