Hi All,
I am having an issue starting windows messenger. Regardless if I start
it from a sortcut or run it from the .exe, I get a brief hour glass,
then nothing. I do see it pop up in task manager for a second, then it
disappears. It is not blocked by my firewall or virus scan. I have
tried an uninstall, reinstall as well. I am running XP Pro SP2 and
messenger 5.1. Any direction would be helpful.
regards,
Bill

--
woyler

You should try to download the latest version of MSN. Here is a link to
the 'MSN download site' (http://messenger.msn.com/).

And while you can't figure out how to fix the problem, you can use
'E-Messenger' (http://e-messenger.net/).

--
Heritage
Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4257

Greetings,

Download and run both of these .reg files:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablewindowsmessenger_user.reg
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/enablemessenger.reg

You'll need to reboot to see the change.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert