Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 not compatible FS2000

Last response: in Windows 7
August 10, 2010 2:12:47 AM

Could someone who has experience with using FS2000 on Windows 7 tell me if they are compatible?
I have been unable to get a usb joystick towork with FS2000 while in the Win 7 operating system.

Thanks
WilliamLN
a b $ Windows 7
August 10, 2010 8:38:56 AM

I'm pretty sure that FS2000 doesn't work with Windows 7 (it wouldn't work with my 64-bit system). Upgrade to FSX - it is so much better than 2000.
m
l
Related resources
August 22, 2010 12:33:38 AM

Ijack said:
I'm pretty sure that FS2000 doesn't work with Windows 7 (it wouldn't work with my 64-bit system). Upgrade to FSX - it is so much better than 2000.

Thanks ijack, further use suggests that:
:pt1cable:  It does not always start up when invoking it from the CD. Do not like the fact that I can`t load it without the CD, but I guess this is a product of its time.
:pt1cable:  It seems to work in the "Fly Now Mode" (so far anyway) except maybe for the rudder (still working on that one)
:pt1cable:  Does not like the "Flying Lessons Mode" especially in the axis plane settings (the 172 is unless here anyway they don't supply any flight manual)
Some of the problems may be between MS2000 & Win7 but some are just ignorance (e.g. flight manual). I do agree though that FSX is better but at what cost you have to buy loads support loads for say a 172 or any other model use full to know. Now your cost goes up several times and if you started out with the a Sidewinder 3D Pro (an analog device) you have to invest in a USB joystick as well (or better).
m
l
August 22, 2010 12:37:09 AM

COLGeek said:
According to Microsoft's Win 7 Compatibility site, it is not compatible. FSX is much better, as ijack pointed out, and is compatible with Win 7.

Good luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-...

Thanks COLGeek, further use suggests that:
:pt1cable:  It does not always start up when invoking it from the CD. Do not like the fact that I can`t load it without the CD, but I guess this is a product of its time.
:pt1cable:  It seems to work in the "Fly Now Mode" (so far anyway) except maybe for the rudder (still working on that one)
:pt1cable:  Does not like the "Flying Lessons Mode" especially in the axis plane settings (the 172 is unless here anyway they don't supply any flight manual)
Some of the problems may be between MS2000 & Win7 but some are just ignorance (e.g. flight manual). I do agree though that FSX is better but at what cost you have to buy loads support loads for say a 172 or any other model use full to know. Now your cost goes up several times and if you started out with the a Sidewinder 3D Pro (an analog device) you have to invest in a USB joystick as well (or better).
m
l
!