Athlon X2/7800 GT Nvidea: scenery rendering problems

shakezula

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I have just built a home computer using an Athlon X2 4400+ and a XFX GeForce 7800+ video card. Every other program works GREAT except flight sim. It displays scenery in the wrong places (i.e. squares of land in the middle of the sea, moutains with water textures etc) and as I'm flying (I;m getting frame rates in the mid-60s) it seems to shuffle land textures around like it was trying to solve a puzzle!

It seems to be really bad by coast lines

Is this a common bug with duel cores and/or PCI express video cards? I have the latest hotfixes for the Athlon and the latest drivers for the video card. I know I must have one thing misset but what is it??????

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
Have you got the latest drivers / BIOS for your motherboard? I have no idea if this is the problem, but it's often a good idea to have the latest anyway.

However, if the problem is only in one program, it's more likely that that program is the problem. Is it an old game - if so, it may be a Direct X problem - there may be a patch for the game or you may need to run it in compatibility mode.
Try going to the game developer's website and seeing if there is a patch, FAQ or a discussion board. You might not be alone!

sturm

Splendid
try turning the affinity for the game to only 1 cpu and see what happens.
My friend has to run GTA3 on only 1 cpu or else it speeds up and slows down real fast

BigglesPiP

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
The guys over at FS2004.COM are getting very good at solving these problems.

Other common problems are Active Camera and upgrading to v9.1 properly.