MSN Messenger 7.5 Released

Greetings,

For those who are interested, MSN Messenger 7.5 (7.5.0299) has been released:
http://messenger.msn.com/Download

The changes can be found here:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/IMUnplugged/blog/cns!1pgy10AlQ0hE5KLSedeFRuZA!617.entry
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

hey. i need help. is your messenger 7.5 working? mine dosent seem to work.
when i sign in it says that " Msn messenger had made several failed attempt
to sign you in.Your firewall may be blocking messenger from connecting to the
service.Please review your firewall settings. see the retailers instructions
for more information." below there is this number : 80072ee6

i have checked my firewall settings, my firewall is off. furthermore, when i
run the msn messenger connection troubleshooter all the individual test
results has a green tick beside it except for wireless. i do not know what
that means. when progress is completed, repair button is clickable. when i
click thr repair button nothing exactly happens.

Then i go to tools>options>connection. over there my connection status says
that i am currently NOT connected to.NET Messenger Service. A refresh button
is there but nothing happens when i click it. right below is connection
settings. an Advanced Settings button is there. i click it & it brings me to
Internet Explorer Connection Settings screen. there are 3 tests here. the
first is a TCP test.

My Tcp Test says that : Success, you can connect to Msn messenger service.
the 2nd test has a few things to fill in. my SOCKS is already been filled is
but i do not know if they are right. my username & password blanks are blank
so i do not know what to fill up & when i click test, is says :Connecting to
the proxy... We are unable to connect (8007274D).the third test is a HTTP
Proxy server one. however the HTTP Blacks are grey( cant type in them) again
the username & password blanks are blank & i have no clue on what to fill in.
However when i click test it says : Connected, Verifying ability to send data
now...Success, you can connect to the MS messenger service.

After all this i still cant sign in my msn messenger 7.5. i have reinstalled
it a few times but no avail. all this did not happen with my previous MSN
version.

It is all so confusing. please if you can help me i wold be grateful. anyone
who has a clue please reply me or e-mail me jellysotong13@hotmail.com.Thank
You.

Try the steps listed on this site and see if it helps with your problem.
http://messenger.msn.com/help/issues.aspx

If not, post again and i will try and hook you up with someone who can help
out.

> Greetings,
>
> For those who are interested, MSN Messenger 7.5 (7.5.0299) has been
> released:
> http://messenger.msn.com/Download
>
> The changes can be found here:
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/IMUnplugged/blog/cns!1pgy10AlQ0hE5KLSedeFRuZA!617.entry

"Voice Clip" is pretty cool. Cooler if the recipient didn't have to press
"play", tho

Hi,

Actually you shouldn't have to as long as the 'Play voice clips automatically when they are
received' option is checked within the Tools menu, Options, Messages category.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"cajun-gwailo" <notonyourlife@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> For those who are interested, MSN Messenger 7.5 (7.5.0299) has been released:
>> http://messenger.msn.com/Download
>>
>> The changes can be found here:
>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/IMUnplugged/blog/cns!1pgy10AlQ0hE5KLSedeFRuZA!617.entry
>
> "Voice Clip" is pretty cool. Cooler if the recipient didn't have to press "play", tho

Hi,
Did the steps that Leah suggeste don the link help you?
Please let me know otherwise.

Thx,
Deepa

"aloysius" wrote:

> hey. i need help. is your messenger 7.5 working? mine dosent seem to work.
> when i sign in it says that " Msn messenger had made several failed attempt
> to sign you in.Your firewall may be blocking messenger from connecting to the
> service.Please review your firewall settings. see the retailers instructions
> for more information." below there is this number : 80072ee6
>
> i have checked my firewall settings, my firewall is off. furthermore, when i
> run the msn messenger connection troubleshooter all the individual test
> results has a green tick beside it except for wireless. i do not know what
> that means. when progress is completed, repair button is clickable. when i
> click thr repair button nothing exactly happens.
>
> Then i go to tools>options>connection. over there my connection status says
> that i am currently NOT connected to.NET Messenger Service. A refresh button
> is there but nothing happens when i click it. right below is connection
> settings. an Advanced Settings button is there. i click it & it brings me to
> Internet Explorer Connection Settings screen. there are 3 tests here. the
> first is a TCP test.
>
> My Tcp Test says that : Success, you can connect to Msn messenger service.
> the 2nd test has a few things to fill in. my SOCKS is already been filled is
> but i do not know if they are right. my username & password blanks are blank
> so i do not know what to fill up & when i click test, is says :Connecting to
> the proxy... We are unable to connect (8007274D).the third test is a HTTP
> Proxy server one. however the HTTP Blacks are grey( cant type in them) again
> the username & password blanks are blank & i have no clue on what to fill in.
> However when i click test it says : Connected, Verifying ability to send data
> now...Success, you can connect to the MS messenger service.
>
> After all this i still cant sign in my msn messenger 7.5. i have reinstalled
> it a few times but no avail. all this did not happen with my previous MSN
> version.
>
> It is all so confusing. please if you can help me i wold be grateful. anyone
> who has a clue please reply me or e-mail me jellysotong13@hotmail.com.Thank
> You.

nah. leah's steps aerent of any help. but thanks anyway leah, if u ever read
this.

"dashy" wrote:

> Hi,
> Did the steps that Leah suggeste don the link help you?
> Please let me know otherwise.
>
> Thx,
> Deepa
>

> "aloysius" wrote:
>
> > hey. i need help. is your messenger 7.5 working? mine dosent seem to work.
> > when i sign in it says that " Msn messenger had made several failed attempt
> > to sign you in.Your firewall may be blocking messenger from connecting to the
> > service.Please review your firewall settings. see the retailers instructions
> > for more information." below there is this number : 80072ee6
> >
> > i have checked my firewall settings, my firewall is off. furthermore, when i
> > run the msn messenger connection troubleshooter all the individual test
> > results has a green tick beside it except for wireless. i do not know what
> > that means. when progress is completed, repair button is clickable. when i
> > click thr repair button nothing exactly happens.
> >
> > Then i go to tools>options>connection. over there my connection status says
> > that i am currently NOT connected to.NET Messenger Service. A refresh button
> > is there but nothing happens when i click it. right below is connection
> > settings. an Advanced Settings button is there. i click it & it brings me to
> > Internet Explorer Connection Settings screen. there are 3 tests here. the
> > first is a TCP test.
> >
> > My Tcp Test says that : Success, you can connect to Msn messenger service.
> > the 2nd test has a few things to fill in. my SOCKS is already been filled is
> > but i do not know if they are right. my username & password blanks are blank
> > so i do not know what to fill up & when i click test, is says :Connecting to
> > the proxy... We are unable to connect (8007274D).the third test is a HTTP
> > Proxy server one. however the HTTP Blacks are grey( cant type in them) again
> > the username & password blanks are blank & i have no clue on what to fill in.
> > However when i click test it says : Connected, Verifying ability to send data
> > now...Success, you can connect to the MS messenger service.
> >
> > After all this i still cant sign in my msn messenger 7.5. i have reinstalled
> > it a few times but no avail. all this did not happen with my previous MSN
> > version.
> >
> > It is all so confusing. please if you can help me i wold be grateful. anyone
> > who has a clue please reply me or e-mail me jellysotong13@hotmail.com.Thank
> > You.

nah. then werent of any help. but thanks anyway leah.

"dashy" wrote:

> Hi,
> Did the steps that Leah suggeste don the link help you?
> Please let me know otherwise.
>
> Thx,
> Deepa
>

> "aloysius" wrote:
>
> > hey. i need help. is your messenger 7.5 working? mine dosent seem to work.
> > when i sign in it says that " Msn messenger had made several failed attempt
> > to sign you in.Your firewall may be blocking messenger from connecting to the
> > service.Please review your firewall settings. see the retailers instructions
> > for more information." below there is this number : 80072ee6
> >
> > i have checked my firewall settings, my firewall is off. furthermore, when i
> > run the msn messenger connection troubleshooter all the individual test
> > results has a green tick beside it except for wireless. i do not know what
> > that means. when progress is completed, repair button is clickable. when i
> > click thr repair button nothing exactly happens.
> >
> > Then i go to tools>options>connection. over there my connection status says
> > that i am currently NOT connected to.NET Messenger Service. A refresh button
> > is there but nothing happens when i click it. right below is connection
> > settings. an Advanced Settings button is there. i click it & it brings me to
> > Internet Explorer Connection Settings screen. there are 3 tests here. the
> > first is a TCP test.
> >
> > My Tcp Test says that : Success, you can connect to Msn messenger service.
> > the 2nd test has a few things to fill in. my SOCKS is already been filled is
> > but i do not know if they are right. my username & password blanks are blank
> > so i do not know what to fill up & when i click test, is says :Connecting to
> > the proxy... We are unable to connect (8007274D).the third test is a HTTP
> > Proxy server one. however the HTTP Blacks are grey( cant type in them) again
> > the username & password blanks are blank & i have no clue on what to fill in.
> > However when i click test it says : Connected, Verifying ability to send data
> > now...Success, you can connect to the MS messenger service.
> >
> > After all this i still cant sign in my msn messenger 7.5. i have reinstalled
> > it a few times but no avail. all this did not happen with my previous MSN
> > version.
> >
> > It is all so confusing. please if you can help me i wold be grateful. anyone
> > who has a clue please reply me or e-mail me jellysotong13@hotmail.com.Thank
> > You.

Can you send me the connection log?

"aloysius" wrote:

> nah. leah's steps aerent of any help. but thanks anyway leah, if u ever read
> this.
>
> "dashy" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Did the steps that Leah suggeste don the link help you?
> > Please let me know otherwise.
> >
> > Thx,
> > Deepa
> >

> > "aloysius" wrote:
> >
> > > hey. i need help. is your messenger 7.5 working? mine dosent seem to work.
> > > when i sign in it says that " Msn messenger had made several failed attempt
> > > to sign you in.Your firewall may be blocking messenger from connecting to the
> > > service.Please review your firewall settings. see the retailers instructions
> > > for more information." below there is this number : 80072ee6
> > >
> > > i have checked my firewall settings, my firewall is off. furthermore, when i
> > > run the msn messenger connection troubleshooter all the individual test
> > > results has a green tick beside it except for wireless. i do not know what
> > > that means. when progress is completed, repair button is clickable. when i
> > > click thr repair button nothing exactly happens.
> > >
> > > Then i go to tools>options>connection. over there my connection status says
> > > that i am currently NOT connected to.NET Messenger Service. A refresh button
> > > is there but nothing happens when i click it. right below is connection
> > > settings. an Advanced Settings button is there. i click it & it brings me to
> > > Internet Explorer Connection Settings screen. there are 3 tests here. the
> > > first is a TCP test.
> > >
> > > My Tcp Test says that : Success, you can connect to Msn messenger service.
> > > the 2nd test has a few things to fill in. my SOCKS is already been filled is
> > > but i do not know if they are right. my username & password blanks are blank
> > > so i do not know what to fill up & when i click test, is says :Connecting to
> > > the proxy... We are unable to connect (8007274D).the third test is a HTTP
> > > Proxy server one. however the HTTP Blacks are grey( cant type in them) again
> > > the username & password blanks are blank & i have no clue on what to fill in.
> > > However when i click test it says : Connected, Verifying ability to send data
> > > now...Success, you can connect to the MS messenger service.
> > >
> > > After all this i still cant sign in my msn messenger 7.5. i have reinstalled
> > > it a few times but no avail. all this did not happen with my previous MSN
> > > version.
> > >
> > > It is all so confusing. please if you can help me i wold be grateful. anyone
> > > who has a clue please reply me or e-mail me jellysotong13@hotmail.com.Thank
> > > You.

Hi,
Can you please try re-registering msxml3.dll and also send me the connection
log?

Thx,
Dashy