BlindGuardian

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
These are my pc specs

Processor:Intel Pentium 4 2.40 GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video Card: Geforce 6800 GS AGP 8x 256MB
80GB Hard drive

How well my Pc run oblivion?

Warrax

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005
These are my pc specs

Processor:Intel Pentium 4 2.40 GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video Card: Geforce 6800 GS AGP 8x 256MB
80GB Hard drive

How well my Pc run oblivion?

It is OK I think to play even in high details. Depends also on speed of the disk and quality of motherboard. And how good is your PC optimalized (no spyware, minimum background programs, good drivers...)

kittenkiller

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
ok here are my PC specs, will i able to run Oblivion well?:

Pentium D @ 3.2GHz
2GB RAM
Geforce 6200 PCI-Express
500GB hard drive

and I have my new Geforce 6800GS comming to me in the mail, it should arrive tommorrow. how well will i be able to run oblivion as-is right now and after the upgrade?

thx

notepad

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
FWIW, I've found that Oblivion can be very variable.

I haven't played Oblivion in a couple months, but when I was playing, I was playing with these specs:

Athlon 64 3500+ (o/c from 2.2 to 2.3)
2gb ram
X800XL 512mb

I played at 1024x768 with the sliders in different places, but overall it was roughly a "medium" quality level. I also had a few of the enhanced texture pack mods installed. I had tested with and without these and didn't really find a noticable framerate difference (it seemed to be like 0.5-1 or so). Can't remember the names offhand, but there were a couple parallax packs and LOD packs.

Most areas I would get doable framerates (25+) indoors and outdoors. However, there is a mountainous area to the north where my framerate would dip pretty poorly, about 15.

There is also the area to the west near Anvil with all the tall grasses. In that area I would get pathetic 10-15 fps. Even turning the grass distance down didn't help much.

Also, sometimes in dungeons when more than one monster was nearby (even if not actively attacking me), my sound would start stuttering like crazy and my framerate would drop. I minimized this by some ini tweaks to turn off hw acceleration for sound and lowering the Max Impact sound count.

Many ini tweaks can be found here, starting on pg 8:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_8.html

Overall, Oblivion was playable with the above specs, it's just in certain areas where it would drop and become a chugfest.

Anyway, I haven't played Oblivion in a while. My x800XL crapped out, so I replaced it with a 512mb x1650Pro as surprisingly, x800XLs were going for almost as much as when I had bought mine like 2 years before, and I needed a cheaper replacement.

I will very soon be building a new box (parts on order) so I'll look forward to any improvements.

bojack13

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I had a p42.6 with 768mb of ram and a 9800 pro and was able to run it comfortably at 800x600 with details set to medium. If you don't mind a little stuttering once in a while it should be okay at 1028x760.