Fujitu: iPad Trademark Belongs to Us, Not Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalogagatya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
i'm getting pretty tired of the 'i' before everything else....
it feels like u can't own anything from apple without feeling yourself owned by them :\

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Nah, nobody is fighting YET...

1. There was Fujitsu and Mag-Tek fighting, Fujitsu lost
2. Fujitsu tried again and this is still pending
3. Now Apple has joined the scene and "claims" the name is theirs without even fighting for it, lol, they'v not even applied for the name... So atm Mag-Tek could possible sue and maybe even Fujitsu if apple doesnt sort this out...

ricin

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Don't forget how Apple stole Microware's trademark on OS-9. And they're in the process of stealing iPhone from Cisco. They have no respect for other companies' trademarks. Amazing how they get away with it.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]ricin[/nom]Don't forget how Apple stole Microware's trademark on OS-9. And they're in the process of stealing iPhone from Cisco. They have no respect for other companies' trademarks. Amazing how they get away with it.[/citation]Might want to recheck your "facts" on that. They didn't steal either one.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Playing the devil’s advocate here, it could reasonably be argued that both claims by Fujitsu and Mag-Tek are illegal under trademark laws. Since Apple owns the names to iPod, iMac and iPhone, it can be argued that the term iPad is "confusingly similar" to Apples line of trademarks to mislead buyers into believing the items sold under the iPad name are manufactured by Apple, not Fujitsu or Mag-Tek, which would violate Apple’s trademark rights. If I were the lawyer in this case, I certainly would raise that argument, if for no other reason than to encourage a settlement. Also you don't have to apply for a trademark to own it, though it’s a good idea. The criteria whether you own a trademark is, are you using it, and are it identified with your company. iPad falls squarely in line with other well-known names linked to Apple.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
I hope Apple loses a ton of money, renames the iPad to something less stupid (I would prefer iPlate or something like that), and that Fujitsu uses the money to retire all their employees and stop producing products with a stupid name.

Memoscorp

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
[citation][nom]geoffs[/nom]Might want to recheck your "facts" on that. They didn't steal either one.[/citation]

Apple fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.