ALi MaGiK 1 users, please come.

G

I am using Asus A7A266-E. I have got a 3D problem with it. Do you guys use ALi chipset mainboard playing Colin McRae Rally 2? I have experience of sudden slow down and sudden speed up while there are 50-60fps rendering. This problem is frustrating me. Is that my Mainboard problem or the Chipset problem?
If you have any experience about this chipset on playing games, please share with me.
Thank you.

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
I use a XP333-R board which has an Ali chipset. What is your video card?

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.

ANGEL14

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
hi i have ECS K7AMA ALI chipset. all my 3d games run fine but only some time it gives direct 3d error and restarts or shuts down the game... BUT that happens very rarely ... not a major prob. what u can do is download the latest drivers for the chipset and ur v-card.
i use GF2 MX which one do u use? thats important.

THE MAIN CAUSE FOR GLOBAL WARMING- MY KICK ASS ATHLON XP ;)

G

I am using GF2MX. This problem only occurs in Colin McRae Rally 2. I think I have smooth rendering in the other games too.
I have tried the lastest Video card driver and latest ALi AGP driver.
The situation isn't improved.
I like Colin very much, so this problem makes me headache...
Thanks for your reply!

ANGEL14

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
problems can also occur if u have some gfx options like texture compression high rate of antialiasing or antitropic filtering on or something like that...try to change the gfx settings and see if that works... this kind or problem happened to me when i was tryin to run hitman-codename 47 with texture compression on..it just didnt start! so i turned it off and it runs fine now. hope it works

THE MAIN CAUSE FOR GLOBAL WARMING- MY KICK ASS ATHLON XP ;)