Brock

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

Is there someplace to download the SI expansion, or other expansions,
other than FilePlanet, etc? I don't want to register at these sites for
a single download.

Adam

Brock wrote:
> Adam wrote:
>
>> Brock wrote:
>>
>>> Is there someplace to download the SI expansion, or other expansions,
>>> other than FilePlanet, etc? I don't want to register at these sites
>>> for a single download.
>>

>> If you are on the european servers you can get them here:
>>
>> http://daoc.goa.com/news/download.php?id_rubrique=145
>

> Unfortunately I am in the US.

Well you could download it and change the update file to point to the US
servers but I don't know how to do that - but there are many sites that
explain how. try www.freddyshouse.com

Brock wrote:
> Is there someplace to download the SI expansion, or other expansions,
> other than FilePlanet, etc? I don't want to register at these sites for
> a single download.
If you download the "Trial" from Fileplanet you get the original or
"classic" client as well as the Shrouded Isles update (content and engine).

With the imminent release of Darkness Rising (the new expansion) I'm not
aware of anywhere else other than through a retail purchase where you
can get either ToA or Catacombs, and given that with Catacombs you get
access to the ToA content I'd say just go buy a copy from EB Games.

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

> With the imminent release of Darkness Rising (the new expansion) I'm not
> aware of anywhere else other than through a retail purchase where you can
> get either ToA or Catacombs, and given that with Catacombs you get access
> to the ToA content I'd say just go buy a copy from EB Games.

You don't get access to TOA content with Catacombs.

Slice wrote:

> You don't get access to TOA content with Catacombs.

Sorry to disagree with you Slice, but you do.

We have a guild mate who has recently come back to the game who only had
SI. ToA is no longer available here so he could only purchase the
Catacombs expansion. He has just finished levelling one art and is
currently working on his second.

As you would know, you can only do that if you have encounter credit,
and you can only get credit by going to Atlantis and doing the encounter.

"Tamen Sentosa" <tamen@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Slice wrote:
>>
>> You don't get access to TOA content with Catacombs.
>
> Sorry to disagree with you Slice, but you do.
>
> We have a guild mate who has recently come back to the game who only had
> SI. ToA is no longer available here so he could only purchase the
> Catacombs expansion. He has just finished levelling one art and is
> currently working on his second.
>
> As you would know, you can only do that if you have encounter credit, and
> you can only get credit by going to Atlantis and doing the encounter.

That's odd. I too only had SI....just bought Cats and came back, and I can't
go to Atlantis.

"Slice" <orlac@sree.org> wrote in message

> "Tamen Sentosa" <tamen@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>> Slice wrote:
>>>
>>> You don't get access to TOA content with Catacombs.
>>
>> Sorry to disagree with you Slice, but you do.
>>
>> We have a guild mate who has recently come back to the game who only had
>> SI. ToA is no longer available here so he could only purchase the
>> Catacombs expansion. He has just finished levelling one art and is
>> currently working on his second.
>>
>> As you would know, you can only do that if you have encounter credit, and
>> you can only get credit by going to Atlantis and doing the encounter.
>

> That's odd. I too only had SI....just bought Cats and came back, and I
> can't go to Atlantis.

Doh! I stand corrected. I was trying to access TOA on a classic
server.........

Archived from groups: alt.games.dark-age-of-camelot (More info?)

>>That's odd. I too only had SI....just bought Cats and came back, and I
>>can't go to Atlantis.
>>

> Doh! I stand corrected. I was trying to access TOA on a classic
> server.........

Hehehehe... Shouldn't that be /doh

<grin>

Yeah, trying to go to Atlantis on the classic servers may pose a couple
of problems.