Messenger won't recognize good password

Windows messenger is refusing to sign-in on one of my computers. It returns
a message saying the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not
exist. But, I am able to log-in successfully using the same name and
password using web messenger.

I have deleted temp internet files, deleted cookies, checked my IE security
settings and manually registered the softpub, wintrust and initpki dll
files.

I have bypassed my router's firewall (by placing this machine on the routers
DMZ) and still not able to sign in.

Any ideas?

Greetings Tim,

What about using MSN Messenger instead:
http://messenger.msn.com/download
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Tim Taylor" <trtaylor57@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows messenger is refusing to sign-in on one of my computers. It returns
> a message saying the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not
> exist. But, I am able to log-in successfully using the same name and
> password using web messenger.
>
> I have deleted temp internet files, deleted cookies, checked my IE security
> settings and manually registered the softpub, wintrust and initpki dll
> files.
>
> I have bypassed my router's firewall (by placing this machine on the routers
> DMZ) and still not able to sign in.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, this works. Thanks!

Tim

> Greetings Tim,
>
> What about using MSN Messenger instead:
> http://messenger.msn.com/download
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Tim Taylor" <trtaylor57@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Windows messenger is refusing to sign-in on one of my computers. It
returns
> > a message saying the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not
> > exist. But, I am able to log-in successfully using the same name and
> > password using web messenger.
> >
> > I have deleted temp internet files, deleted cookies, checked my IE
security
> > settings and manually registered the softpub, wintrust and initpki dll
> > files.
> >
> > I have bypassed my router's firewall (by placing this machine on the
routers
> > DMZ) and still not able to sign in.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Hi Tim,

In that case it's more than likely some third-party firewall software that isn't letting
Windows Messenger through (not that it matters at this point).