Signing on and off between windows messenger and msn

hi i've been having these troubles on my new computer

it keeps signing me in and out between msn messneger and wondows messenger!
can any one plz plz help an inoccent girl who doesnt kno that much bout
computers thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about signing windows messenger

    mila-xo wrote:
    > hi i've been having these troubles on my new computer
    >
    > it keeps signing me in and out between msn messneger and wondows messenger!
    > can any one plz plz help an inoccent girl who doesnt kno that much bout
    > computers thanks!

    Are you trying to keep Windows Messenger from starting? It's supposed to
    be kept from automaticly starting by unchecking options in the
    messenger's settings (look in the application's menus) AND a setting in
    the "Tools/Options..." dialog in Outlook Express.

    I had trouble with Outlook Express ignoreing my clearing the checkbox to
    start Messenger with Outlook Express. I ended up renaming the msmsgs.exe
    file, creating a text file, renaming the text file as msmsgs.exe (yes, I
    was warned about changing the extension) and setting the new file as
    read only. Outlook Express hasn't launched Windows Messenger since.

    Greetings,

    As long as you don't mind losing Remote Assistance, Whiteboard or Application Sharing, you
    can simply uninstall Windows Messenger and solve this madness by clicking the Start button,
    then click Run and type in (copy-paste if you like):
    RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

    Then click OK.
    Messenger will then be uninstalled. For more detailed instructions and screenshots, go to,
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=7
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert
    All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay

    "mila-xo" <mila-xo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi i've been having these troubles on my new computer
    >
    > it keeps signing me in and out between msn messneger and wondows messenger!
    > can any one plz plz help an inoccent girl who doesnt kno that much bout
    > computers thanks!

MSN Messenger Microsoft Windows XP