Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I want to develop a product that embeds either Windows or MSN messenger into
the product. I don't want this to rely on the Microsoft servers, this is
just for internal communication only. Is there a server product that would
allow me to have a private messenger network?

Frosty

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Maybe not MSN ? LanTalk for example:
http://www.cezeo.com/products/lantalk-net/

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings,

Well, if funding is available, Live Communications Server comes to mind:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/livecomm/prodinfo/
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Frosty Madness" <frosty.madness@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to develop a product that embeds either Windows or MSN messenger into
> the product. I don't want this to rely on the Microsoft servers, this is
> just for internal communication only. Is there a server product that would
> allow me to have a private messenger network?
>
> Frosty

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Interesting, although perhaps a little overweight. Presumably one can drive
this from C# and embed it into a C# app? I've just sent off for MSDN
Universal, does it come with that?

Frosty.

> Greetings,
>
> Well, if funding is available, Live Communications Server comes to mind:
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/livecomm/prodinfo/
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
>
> "Frosty Madness" <frosty.madness@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I want to develop a product that embeds either Windows or MSN messenger
into
> > the product. I don't want this to rely on the Microsoft servers, this is
> > just for internal communication only. Is there a server product that
would
> > allow me to have a private messenger network?
> >
> > Frosty

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I want to develop a product that embeds either Windows or MSN
> messenger into
> the product. I don't want this to rely on the Microsoft
> servers, this is
> just for internal communication only. Is there a server
> product that would
> allow me to have a private messenger network?
>
> Frosty

You could use a internal IRC server.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-server-ftopict416097.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1387052

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi,

Sure can, it's just SIP and therefore that makes it much easier. However, the primary client
is Office Communicator (and you can use its API to do all sorts of nifty things).

Yes, MSDN Universal has both Live Comm Server and Office Communicator.