Exception raised - Access violation 000000 000000 000000 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

holman210

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Hiya,

Im using Windows XP and when Im using RCT 1 when I exit it comes up with this error.

Exception raised - Access violation 000000 000000 000000 ??

It comes up during game play now and I loose everything. I dont remember it doing it before! Also when I start the game up and click anywhere on the screen the PC returns to the desktop and RCT goes to the task bar!!

Any Ideas???

Cheers!!

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
I assume that it used to work under XP OK, but now it doesn't? Have you tried reinstalling? Might be a corrupt file.

Back-up your save game just in case the uninstaller removes them (most don't, but it doesn't hurt to play safe).

BunnyGirl

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I have also started having this problem. I can start and play a new game ok, but when I try and load a saved game it closes and this error comes up... Anyone know any more about this? Thanks.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
I have also started having this problem. I can start and play a new game ok, but when I try and load a saved game it closes and this error comes up... Anyone know any more about this? Thanks.

Sounds like a corrupt save game file. Also, sometimes if you patch a game it makes old save games unusable (which is annoying).

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
If it is a corrupted save game, then no. Unless you have a back-up?

But before crying out "oh, woe is me!" and deleteing all your save games, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. It might be your installation and not the save game. (But if the game runs fine UNTIL you open you save game, then it's probably the save game).

This is bl**dy annoying when it happens - I minimise the risk but having more than one save file, and using them in rotation. T[/b]hat way, if a file gets corrupted you don't lose ALL your progress. Little consolation to you now, I know, but something worth remembering for the future.

What game is it you're having problems with?

BunnyGirl

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Rollercoaster Tycoon 1. Ive tried uninstalling and re-installing it several times but it doesnt help :cry:

When im in the start up screen and I click on 'load game' it closes and the error message appears.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
Hang on, does it crash when you select the "load game" screen, or when you actually load a saved file?

The former would suggest a program fault, the latter would suggest a corrupted save game.

Have you tried starting a new game, saving it, then opening the new save game? That would determine if it's a problem with the game not liking XP, or a corrupted save game.

cancerian

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
i have the exact same problem with roller coaster tycoon 1 ; it crashes with the above stated error immediately u hit the "Load saved games button" !

so what do you guys say ??? is it the cd or what ????

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
Sounds like the game doesn't run under XP. You could try using compatibility mode, or looking for a patch. If all else fails, you might need to create a dual-boot on your system and have an old version of windows running to play RCT1.

cancerian

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
I can assume that it doesn't work on XP fairly because few years back i had been playing it on Win 98

So that leaves me to try the dual -boot !

Mikkass

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
I got RCT1 too, I had exactly the same error,

It's a game originaly build for windows 98/me so what you got to do is change the compatibility (I don't know sure if I spelt it right because I'm Dutch).

You change it this way:
1. Go to the folder with RCT in it (normaly should it be: C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon)
2. Click once on rct.exe and press your right mouse button
3. Click on the last option (don't know sure how it's called in English)
4. Go to Compatibily (the thing before Summary)
5. Select the box: "This program....."
6. Select Windows 98 / Windows ME
7. Press OK

And hopefully it works! I'm not sure if all I've just said is right English. I hope you'll understand it :)

Gr, Mikkass

metalgearps2

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
Sorry to butt in, but I am getting the same error under Vista x86. I have tried compatibility mode for Win9x, W2K, and WinXP. I get the error after I double click the icon in the games folder. :( The screen flashes though! :)

Any help would be appreciated (spelling :p)

surrealdeal

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
you seem to have tried to access memory location 000000 000000 000000, which i believe is a protected BIOS memory location. No program should do this, as it only serves BIOS calls / software inturrupts. I think you have a virus. But a machine coded one in this day in age? Oh my!

amirie

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Hello all,

after quite abit of testing, I finally managed to get RCT to work. If this doesn't work, make sure that you've set you the compatibilty of RCT to Win 98/Me

1. Navigate to your RCT scenario's folder E.g (D:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\RollerCoaster Tycoon\Scenarios)

2. Right click any scenario and hit Open With...

3. Open with rct.

For some strange reason, this completely bypasses the Exception Error. Hope this help you guys after such a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.