Keeping Inspiron Screen Clean

The question about keeping an Inspiron finger pad clean reminded me that I
was wondering:

What's the best way to keep an Inspiron (6000) screen clean? I've been
using clear water, but was wondering if there's a better way. Using water
works, but it's very hard to get streaks out. I do let the screen cool
down before using water.

Shannon

Shannon wrote:

> The question about keeping an Inspiron finger pad clean reminded me that I
> was wondering:
>
> What's the best way to keep an Inspiron (6000) screen clean? I've been
> using clear water, but was wondering if there's a better way. Using water
> works, but it's very hard to get streaks out. I do let the screen cool
> down before using water.

This subject has been discussed, and discussed, and discussed...

Other than plain water, the safest product is one of the commercial
LCD cleaners, along with a cloth made for LCD cleaning.

Whatever you do, DON'T USE WINDEX WITH AMMONIA!

For more opinions, search this newsgroup, along with the laptop related
newsgroups.

Notan

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Shannon,

I use a piece of damped tissue paper and wipe the screen with the damp
part then dry the screen with the dry part. That seems to work for
me.

Larry

larry wrote:

> Shannon,
>
> I use a piece of damped tissue paper and wipe the screen with the damp
> part then dry the screen with the dry part. That seems to work for
> me.

"Tissue paper?"

Possibly, depending on the brand/grade, a great way to scratch the screen.

Notan

"Shannon" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> The question about keeping an Inspiron finger pad clean reminded me that I
> was wondering:
>
> What's the best way to keep an Inspiron (6000) screen clean? I've been
> using clear water, but was wondering if there's a better way. Using water
> works, but it's very hard to get streaks out. I do let the screen cool
> down before using water.
>
> Shannon

Water, no detergents, used with this cloth:

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=608446&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Comp-_-Datafeed-_-Full

They're available at Wal-Mart, KMart and locals.

I use them on LCDs, my eyeglasses, and even on my (plastic-coated) Trinitron
19" flat screen CRT. These cloths are durable, wash and dry perfectly well.

3M truly makes some amazing products. This is one of them.

Stew

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in

> http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=608446&cm_mmc=Froogle-_
> -Shopping%20Comp-_-Datafeed-_-Full

Thank you. That looks very good. I will give it a try.

Shannon

No sandpaper, either... Ben Myers