Driveways in Nightlife

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Has anyone figured out how to place a driveway on a lot? I keep getting a
message that tells me "area is out of bounds". The area is usually where the
driveway I'm trying to place meets the street.

Thanks.

BPC wrote:
> Has anyone figured out how to place a driveway on a lot?

I have placed several driveways. You should start with a driveway which
looks like it has two pieces. The space between the two pieces should
fit with the pavement, meaning one piece goes to the road and the other
piece goes to the lot. Don't forget to level the part of the lot where
the driveway should be.

BPC wrote:
> Has anyone figured out how to place a driveway on a lot? I keep
> getting a message that tells me "area is out of bounds". The area is
> usually where the driveway I'm trying to place meets the street.
>
> Thanks.

Don't forget you need level ground and the drive in part needs to be away
from the bin and mailbox. The space is where the footpath goes.
Keep shuffling it round and you'll get there.
--
/|_|\ /|_|\

Coats
The longer you wait, the better the date.

Archived from groups: (More info?)

"BPC" <theconsumer@sbcglobal.net> schreef in bericht
> Has anyone figured out how to place a driveway on a lot? I keep getting a
> message that tells me "area is out of bounds". The area is usually where
> the driveway I'm trying to place meets the street.
>
> Thanks.

I have several driveways on my lot.
My problem is how does the garagedoor be placed ;o)

Archived from groups: (More info?)

The garage door is placed between the end of the driveway piece and the
extension piece - you need to move it about until it goes green. I think
you have to have the extension piece in order to build a parking point for
your car in the garage - in other words you can't build a garage over the
driveway - a car port, yes (without a door) but not a garage (with a door).
At least, I think that's how it works.

Best wishes
maxon

Maxon wrote:
> The garage door is placed between the end of the driveway piece and
> the extension piece - you need to move it about until it goes green.
> I think you have to have the extension piece in order to build a
> parking point for your car in the garage - in other words you can't
> build a garage over the driveway - a car port, yes (without a door)
> but not a garage (with a door). At least, I think that's how it works.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Yup, seems to be right. The extension goes on the back of the main driveway
and you can build over that.
--
/|_|\ /|_|\

Coats
There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those
who can't.

coats wrote:

> Yup, seems to be right. The extension goes on the back of the main driveway
> and you can build over that.

Has anyone else found that if you're going to build a garage, you
have to add at least one tile all around the extension for
your sim to walk on? I built a garage that was the size of the
extension, and my sim couldn't get to her car.

Laura

Laura Castellano wrote:
> coats wrote:
>
>> Yup, seems to be right. The extension goes on the back of the main
>> driveway and you can build over that.
>
> Has anyone else found that if you're going to build a garage, you
> have to add at least one tile all around the extension for
> your sim to walk on? I built a garage that was the size of the
> extension, and my sim couldn't get to her car.
>
> Laura

No, I've a garage made out of a single wall placed around the bricks and my
sim has no problem getting in or out of the car.
Mine use the garage door and walk down the side of the car as if the wall
wasn't there.
--
/|_|\ /|_|\

Coats
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets anyways?

Laura Castellano wrote:

> I built a garage that was the size of the
> extension, and my sim couldn't get to her car.

I have never had that problem, even though I have build some garages by
just building a wall around the extension and the garage door.

I am only annoyed with the "Be aware" warning while the sim crosses the
drive way - after leaving the car. Come on, noboby is driving the car.

Best regards,
Boerge

Archived from groups: (More info?)

>Don't forget you need level ground

No you don't the object auto levels ground around it. I had it fill in
ponds also.