A7V333 Raid Problem

G

Orginally, I have installed WinXP in one IBM 60G HD. Later I buy another IBM HD and want to build a raid 0 from scratch.

When setting up the Promise FastTrak133 Lite, I accidently create a new array entry in FastBuild Utility. And I can not delete the array entry anymore, pressing [DEL] has no effect.

And after reboot the machine, the Promise bios shown 2 entry of raid stripe entry with single haddisk in each entry with status functionaling. And I tried reseting bios and cmos, but the entries still there.

Can anyone help.

PS: I heard AOpen had once post a mobo update for [DEL] key problem in Promise FastBuild Utility.

My configuration:
ASUS A7V333R
256MB DDR333
Hercules 8500LE
IBM 60G HD * 2

kylix_rd

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
I've encountered this exact problem only yesterday while setting up a new machine with two 80GB Maxtors. I want to boot from the array as a stripe. It auto-configed two arrays each with one of the drives and won't accept the <del> key! I did all you mentioned (resetting the BIOS and clearing the CMOS) all to no avail... This is frustrating.. Any information would be greatly appreciated...

ASUS A7V333R
512MB DDR333
ATI All-in-Wonder 7500V
two 80GB ATA133 Maxtors

G

Had same problem, flashed bios with upgrade at Asus site and delete now works fine.
However getting the promise controller with a raid array on two IBM's Striped as the primary drive with XP pro is still causing me some issues!

Pinball