signing into msn messenger

I know you can help me. I can't sign into msn messenger 7.5.

I got the same problem man....It says "signing into msn has failed because
the service is temporarily unavailable"...But it says that all systems are
stable

i just purchased a Gateway 7510GX laptop and can not sign on to messenger.
Something about the sever being unavailable but thats wrong cause i can sign
on no prob on my desktop. Error 80048820 and no solution. I have tried
everything. Reconfiguring the network settings. Shutting down the firewall.
Even booting the proggie from a disk. No use.What now? Holler back!