4 in 1 drivers - need some help

RDBRUSKI

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
I read alot about making sure we have the latest 4 in 1 drivers. I recently built a new PC using an Asus A7V333 board and Windows XP Home. After installing XP on the fresh hard drive, the first thing I did before installing any other PCI cards or anything else was to install the 4 in 1 drivers on the install CD. Does it matter what order things are installed?

One reason I'm asking is that I can't seem to get any PCI modems to install now. They are the first cards I installed in the motherboard except the AGP card. I can't seem to tell if this is an XP problem, motherboard problem, 4 in 1 problem or what.

I just get "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The data is invalid."

Any ideas?

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
I have found that you will get some funky errors without them. Really weird stuff, but with then the VIA chipsets of today seem perfectly stable. If you are having problems installing a modem in XP, its prolly XP as I have heard all sorts of bad stories about XP and modems. Make sure the driver you have is 100% XP compatible, as older drivers wont work in most cases!

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!