On-line internet TCP/IP playing (DSL)

Archived from groups: (More info?)

AOE (conquerors expansion) problem.

Multiplayer game with DSL connction is even worse and slower for me than
previously with regular modem connection. It goes for some time and then
slow-down rapidly, and finally freeze and stop responding.

It happens after just a few minutes of the game if some computer players are
added, but it happens even in pure multiplayer game with just 2 or 3 players.

Sometimes the game is going for an hour, or more, and then slow down and
freeze... such dissapointing for players...

Me and my frends all have a nice (new) computers (XP SP2), and we all have
DSL (384/64) internet connection.

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I think it is important to mention once again that we don't have any problem
regarding slowing down and freezing if we use a regular modem (56k)
connection. So, probably the problem is with some internet propreties.

bquik

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
I'm having the same problems with a friend of mine
we are able to play age of conquerors for a while ( 25-45min ) but then it begins to slow down then everything stops.
Our pings are quite good; min 20 max 60..
We have tried many ways, our firewalls are closed, we have forwarded many ports but there is no change.. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall with another cd.

We have played withouth Patch 1.0c. But is this the cure ?
Please help.