No BIOS Fan?

I have an Asus A7V-133 with AMD Athlon 1.33 Ghz CPU. I was wondering if i could run my system safely and stably without the BIOS fan as it produces lots of noise. Thanks.
9 answers Last reply
More about bios
  1. What bios fan? The bios doesn't have or need a fan. Are you sure the fan is on the bios or is it on something else?

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)
  2. Do you mean on the Northbridge, the chip a little smaller than the CPU, between the AGP port, CPU socket and RAM slots?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
  3. i would think, unless the fan is ready to go, that the cpu fan would be louder than the northbridge. or if theres an aftermarket one on there. which judging by the post, i doubt it.

CNN Reports: Statistics show that every 4.2sec someone in America is getting delled. More at 11.
  4. I agree, but I don't know what else he would mean by a "BIOS fan".

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft
  5. Yeah, the fan's on the northbridge, I also have that motherboard. The guys are right though, I can't even hear it with my CPU fan next to it. I never tried to remove it since it doesn't really bother me...
  6. I would not try to pry it off in any case. Unplug the power maybe, but certainly not pry it off! Besides possible damage at least the heatsink would cool it bit.... If there is any overclocking going on (doubt it by post) leave it alone!!

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!
  7. hmm, no response yet, wonder if he got jumpy and decided to go ahead and unplugged the cpu fan and went on his merry way :eek:

CNN Reports: Statistics show that every 4.2sec someone in America is getting delled. More at 11.
  8. LOL oops

I have the same board, the NB cooler is crap to say the least. But at least it's not glued on, under new ones they put enough paste for 10, it's near soaked in paste! But there is none under the ones you receive after sending yours in to fix. (hey I keep saying that, guess it bugs me LOL)

<font color=red>Computer upgraded, now need a place to live, and a good divorce lawyer.</font color=red>
  9. Oops sorry i meant the VIA VT8363A (VIA Apollo KT133A) System Controller chipset on the Motherboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus BIOS Fan