Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: (More info?)

Is there someway to report idiots who go out of their way to annoy other
players.

I ask this because this afternoon I was waiting in booty bay for the boat
and an elf called lighting

was jumping around me, insulting me and kept challenging me to duals.

This continued on the boat to the barrens.

This is not the first time it has happened,

And there seem to be a lot of players who go out of their way to annoy
others.

I don't want to play PvP I want to play the game. But this guy would not go
away.

Is there a way to stop people like this who just seem to want to ruin the
game for others.

Archived from groups: (More info?)

get over it & quit being a little baby.
Its just a game!

In <1127325477.16708.0@spandrell.news.uk.clara.net> "mike" <mike@hunt.com> writes:

> Is there someway to report idiots who go out of their way to annoy other
> players.

If he was merely "annoying", then no, there isn't much you can do, aside
from adding the player to your ignore list, which will automatically stop
all /whisper and /say from that character. It might auto-decline all duel
requests also, but I'm not sure about that.

But if it reaches the level of "harassment", then yes, you can report them.
Click on the Help buttonto get started.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

Archived from groups: (More info?)

When I'm in a piss-poor mood and somebody keeps throwing duel-flags up I:

Decline the 1st

Decline and /s, /t, or /w "no thanks" to the 2nd

Decline and let them know on the 3rd that I consider their behavior
harassment and a GM will be notified next time.

I've had 2 people make that 4th attempt, have contacted 2 GMs re: this
behavior, have had 2 in-game chats with GMs, and I assume 2 warnings went
out based on what I was told. GMs were nice about the situation, joking
about the jerks in WoW, neither gave me any indication that they didn't
consider such things harassment.

HTH

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:57:55 +0100, mike said:

> Is there someway to report idiots who go out of their way to annoy other
> players.
>
> I ask this because this afternoon I was waiting in booty bay for the boat
> and an elf called lighting
>
> was jumping around me, insulting me and kept challenging me to duals.
>
> This continued on the boat to the barrens.
>
> This is not the first time it has happened,
>
> And there seem to be a lot of players who go out of their way to annoy
> others.
>
> I don't want to play PvP I want to play the game. But this guy would not go
> away.
>
> Is there a way to stop people like this who just seem to want to ruin the
> game for others.

Follow them and then go and make a cup of tea or read the paper or
something.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Christian Stauffer wrote:

> Why would someone want that? The best way is to _not answer_
> duel requests. When someone invites me to a duel without saying
> 1 word to me before (usually a higher level player), I'll cancel
> the request. If it happens 2x in a row, I just don't answer it.
> The joke is this player can't start another duel request as long
> as I don't click cancel (it will expire after a minute or two).
> Guess what, all of a sudden they can conversate ("cancel the
> duel rq plz!!!").

thats wrong... u can just "duell" another player... the first duell is
canceld in this moment. or u just run away a bit.. then the duell
cancel itself.

Kav ha scritto:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:57:55 +0100, mike said:

> > Is there a way to stop people like this who just seem to want to ruin the
> > game for others.
>
> Follow them and then go and make a cup of tea or read the paper or
> something.

/genial

Archived from groups: (More info?)

"mike" <mike@hunt.com> wrote in message
> Is there someway to report idiots who go out of their way to annoy other
> players.
>

> I ask this because this afternoon I was waiting in booty bay for the boat
> and an elf called lighting
>
> was jumping around me, insulting me and kept challenging me to duals.
>
> This continued on the boat to the barrens.
>
> This is not the first time it has happened,
>
> And there seem to be a lot of players who go out of their way to annoy
> others.
>

> I don't want to play PvP I want to play the game. But this guy would not
> go away.
>
> Is there a way to stop people like this who just seem to want to ruin the
> game for others.

I believe /ignore stops the duel requests.

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:

> I believe /ignore stops the duel requests.

Why would someone want that? The best way is to _not answer_
duel requests. When someone invites me to a duel without saying
1 word to me before (usually a higher level player), I'll cancel
the request. If it happens 2x in a row, I just don't answer it.
The joke is this player can't start another duel request as long
as I don't click cancel (it will expire after a minute or two).
Guess what, all of a sudden they can conversate ("cancel the
duel rq plz!!!").
However, do that in a crowded place like XR to duel-spamming
idiots and they'll never invite you to a duel again :eek:).

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (21) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Mel

Christian Stauffer a écrit :
> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:
>
>> I believe /ignore stops the duel requests.
>

> Why would someone want that? The best way is to _not answer_
> duel requests. When someone invites me to a duel without saying
> 1 word to me before (usually a higher level player), I'll cancel
> the request. If it happens 2x in a row, I just don't answer it.
> The joke is this player can't start another duel request as long
> as I don't click cancel (it will expire after a minute or two).
> Guess what, all of a sudden they can conversate ("cancel the
> duel rq plz!!!").
> However, do that in a crowded place like XR to duel-spamming
> idiots and they'll never invite you to a duel again :eek:).
>
> Chris

I use this technique for duel requests and grouping invites that haven't
been accompanied by a bit of RP before (I'm on a RP server). Needless to
say the same person won't do it twice to me, bugs the hell out of 'em.

Maybe I should accept some of the duels; I'm so hopeless at pvp that I
probably need the practice (lost to a druid 6 lvls below my mage last
week *sighs*)

Mage, Kirin Tor

"Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote:

> thats wrong... u can just "duell" another player... the first duell is
> canceld in this moment.

Ok. Seems like those who spam duel requests don't know this either :eek:)

Chris

--

Christian Stauffer a écrit :
> "Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote:
>
>> thats wrong... u can just "duell" another player... the first duell is
>> canceld in this moment.
>

> Ok. Seems like those who spam duel requests don't know this either :eek:)
>
> Chris

of course they don't, they are idiots!

Vladesch wrote:
> mike wrote
>>Is there a way to stop people like this who just seem to want to ruin the
>>game for others.

> I believe /ignore stops the duel requests.

This is correct. And it is rooted in a very profound
observation about human nature. You can't make people
grow up, and you don't want to have to put up with them
while they inch their way slowly through the long bloody
process.

--
Nathan Engle Computer Support, IUB Psych Dept
nengle@indiana.edu http://mypage.iu.edu/~nengle

Archived from groups: (More info?)

In article <4332668a$0$1154$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
"Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Why would someone want that? The best way is to _not answer_
> duel requests. When someone invites me to a duel without saying
> 1 word to me before (usually a higher level player), I'll cancel
> the request. If it happens 2x in a row, I just don't answer it.
> The joke is this player can't start another duel request as long
> as I don't click cancel (it will expire after a minute or two).
> Guess what, all of a sudden they can conversate ("cancel the
> duel rq plz!!!").

At which point you put up the trade window and demand 50s "cancellation
fee" ;)

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

Archived from groups: (More info?)

>>get over it & quit being a little baby.
>>Its just a game!

>Spoken like a true in-game annoying idiot.

Well, you can always find a stupid child to stand up and support
stupid, childish behaviour.

"ICB & BBT's" <mvikes93@yahoo.com> wrote:

>get over it & quit being a little baby.
>Its just a game!

Spoken like a true in-game annoying idiot.

--
Exodus 22:18 can kiss my pagan ass
www.lokari.net

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: (More info?)

Thanks
Just installed it.
Now I can get on and enjoy the game.

"Alex Mars" <Soulclaw@gmail.com> wrote:

>you can always find a stupid child to stand up and support
>stupid, childish behaviour.

There certainly has never been a shortage of them!

--

"Nabuu" <Nabuu@*YOUR-PANTS*ManyFriends.com> wrote in message
> In article <4332668a$0$1154$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
> "Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
>> Why would someone want that? The best way is to _not answer_
>> duel requests. When someone invites me to a duel without saying
>> 1 word to me before (usually a higher level player), I'll cancel
>> the request. If it happens 2x in a row, I just don't answer it.
>> The joke is this player can't start another duel request as long
>> as I don't click cancel (it will expire after a minute or two).
>> Guess what, all of a sudden they can conversate ("cancel the
>> duel rq plz!!!").
>
> At which point you put up the trade window and demand 50s "cancellation
> fee" ;)

lol....

> --
> Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
> Also (rarely):
> Chum, Gnome warlock, Bronzebeard
> Tost, Dwarven rogue, Bronzebeard
> Meadow, Night elf priest, Bronzebeard
> Harmany, Undead mage, Dethecus
> <http://www.ManyFriends.com/WoW/PhotoAlbum/>
> Aka "Misc" -- If you don't remove your pants, I won't get your email.

Archived from groups: (More info?)

"Nabuu" <Nabuu@*YOUR-PANTS*ManyFriends.com> wrote

> In article <4332668a$0$1154$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>,
> "Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
>> Why would someone want that? The best way is to _not answer_
>> duel requests. When someone invites me to a duel without saying
>> 1 word to me before (usually a higher level player), I'll cancel
>> the request. If it happens 2x in a row, I just don't answer it.
>> The joke is this player can't start another duel request as long
>> as I don't click cancel (it will expire after a minute or two).
>> Guess what, all of a sudden they can conversate ("cancel the
>> duel rq plz!!!").
>
> At which point you put up the trade window and demand 50s "cancellation
> fee" ;)

OMG OMG OMG OMG I will become rich!!!!!+111

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (21) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

JWMiddleton

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
get over it & quit being a little baby.
Its just a game!

I don't agree! It is my fun time, and I don't need to be bothered by this. I also didn't join a PvP server and I am not flagged, so leave me alone and let me solo.

I decline the first two duel requests, on the 3rd one I tell them that one more time and I'll report them. The results have been interesting.

guruofchem

ICB & BBT's wrote:
get over it & quit being a little baby.
Its just a game!

It may be a game, but it is a game I have invested significant time and money playing. I resent any nimrod childish enough to do that sort of thing, and agree that continued annoyance should be reported to GMs. Love the 50s cancellation fee idea as well - :D