Controller for PC Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalrieXII

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I have just got Doom 3 and I played it originally on the X-box now I am used to a controller and I want to put the game on it. If anyone could help me I have a usb to ps2 controller jack and use a ps2 controller. Thanks a lot!

zenge

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
how can you play doom 3 or any other first person shooter with game pad.
It's first person. controling camera and aiming with mouse is 100 times faster and easier whith mouse.
try looking in controls configuration if it supports gamepad you should have option to select either keypad/mouse or gamepad.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
how can you play doom 3 or any other first person shooter with game pad.

agreed i only use my consoles for racing or RPG games FPS all on the PC cause its easier with mouse and keyboard.

just select the option in the game to use the controller. unless you mean you want to use the Xbox controller i believe there where adapters for the PS3 so there might be adapters for the the Xbox controllers.

G

Why do you want to play a FPS with pad? Why oh why....

Pads are the reason why I dont like consoles. They are just too limited and inaccurate.

ericjon

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
ok, rather than ask "why would you want to do that?" why don't you actually try to solve this person's question? All of these idiotic replies are nothing but a huge waste of time...

If you have played doom 3 on the PC, you have come to realize that it can be a pain switch from weapon to weapon, using the flash-light, looking up or down, and so forth. If one were able to use a game pad it would make the game A LOT more fun, IMHO. I know for a fact other people agree because there are tons of other people asking the same question- "How do I setup my gamepad to work with Doom 3???".
If you had a gamepad with 2 direction controllers (like the N64 controller), one set of arrows could move you forward or backwards while the other set could look up, down, or move from left to right... If only it were possible to set one up!!

If anyone has an answer to the question

HOW CAN YOU SETUP A GAMEPAD TO WORK WITH THE PC VERSION OF DOOM 3

Please respond and help us out.

Oh yeah, and please, no more idiotic and stupid replies like "Pads are the reason why I dont like consoles. They are just too limited and inaccurate."

No one cares what you think.

rennervision

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
I played Doom 3 with Pinnacle Profiler using a joystick/trackball setup. It was sort of similar to the feel of the old Madcatz Panther XL joystick which substitutes a trackball in place of a mouse:

joystick.jpg

aziraphale

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
"Oh yeah, and please, no more idiotic and stupid replies like "Pads are the reason why I dont like consoles. They are just too limited and inaccurate"

Weeelll..... I don't like pads because they are absolutely inferior to mouse and keyboard controls in FPSsses. And I DO CARE about what I think; it's somehow the most important opinion in the world for me.
But if you really insist, then I guess you can stick to the pad if you like :)

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
The adapter for the PS3 is a standard USB cable, the 360 requires you to buy some Microsoft branded wireless receiver. You might even be able to hook up a PS3 controller with a bluetooth adapter on the PC, but I haven't tried it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.