Motherboard Enemies

G

I'm starting work for a customer who would like to setup a server room inside one of his labs. In his lab they work with a lot of different chemicals and particulates. He has asked me, "what kind of chemicals, particulates, etc. should we be concerned about with respect to the computer systems in this new server room?".

In other words, he would like to know what the major enemies are to motherboards and other components of a computer so that he can put proper filtering of the air, etc. in place.

So, my question is, are there things that are really bad that could get into this room through an air vent or something that could damage the computer hardware?

Thanks.
Brad

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
probably any corrosive gas would be bad as well as excessive moisture. Patricles in the air might also speed up the death of moving parts as well as shortening the psu life ( fans too)

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
Basically anything you would breath is ok. Sticky stuff can be a big problem as well as corrosive stuff.

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!