Sign in with
Your question

Counterstrike: Source 64bit?

Last response: in Video Games
February 13, 2006 5:00:52 AM

Does this version of Counterstrike take advantage of the new 64bit source engine that was released in December?

Thanks,
February 22, 2006 12:19:15 AM

Quote:
Does this version of Counterstrike take advantage of the new 64bit source engine that was released in December?

Thanks,

kinda sorta, it runs well, but the xp 64 os itself is pretty buggy to begin with.
so you lose anyways for running the os and get frequent lockups and missing dlls. ect.....

and under windows vista, i have been beta testing and decided to test the games as well, as overclocking and other things .
thing is, windows vista does not use directx9, straight from the install you have direct x 10.
i tried running cs source from vista, but this was not good, the game did load, but there was problems witht he gui coming into the game kinda sorta slicing through.

but, i can say one thing.
cs source runs really really well when combined with with 32 bit windows on a 64 bit processor. the a64s are nice in win32, they game better
February 22, 2006 3:01:19 AM

Never had a problem with missing DLLs. The game works flawlessly on XP x64. I have more trouble with it on my IBM laptop than on my desktop. I only boot to windows to play games (except UT 2004 yeah! thank god for their Linux support).
!