How do I get Windows 7 for the cheapest possible price?

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Now, I'm sure there are a lot of people asking themselves this, and maybe this question has been addressed in a few threads around here, but I figured that having a thread made specifically for this wouldn't be too bad of an idea. So, as the title asks, how can I get 7 for the least amount of money and have it still be legal? I've been looking around and there are a lot of deals right now where if you buy Vista you can get a free upgrade to 7, is this the best route? I am a student at a recognized university, and I know sometimes Microsoft has deals for students. Do you think they're going to come out with anything like that? Just so you know, I'm looking at a 64-bit Professional or Ultimate OS.

Thanks a lot.

Solution
If you are a student at university You might get it for free. Or else You as a student can subscribe www.acm.org for $19 and get it for free from there. They have currently pulled W7 from the list. But it will be back, probably after 22/10. You can still get Vista business or XP pro there.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Awww, too bad I'm in Canada....It says something about Canadians being able to order it on 10/22, but I'm not sure if that is for the crazy good student deal. Thanks for the post though.

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
If you are a student at university You might get it for free. Or else You as a student can subscribe www.acm.org for $19 and get it for free from there. They have currently pulled W7 from the list. But it will be back, probably after 22/10. You can still get Vista business or XP pro there.

Solution