When is the UT 2k? coming out?

Rustol3um

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
AS I am a huge fan of the UT series, does anyone know when the latest and greatest is gonna be released? I saw a preview last year at the Geforce Lan 2 but up til now have not heard didly squat besides what I've already seen. In addition I have seen some demos on File Planet that feature the new engine. but nothing new from the Epic or the development studio. Any information would be most appreciated

EntityAnomly

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Well they are calling it UT2007 so I'm assuming it would be coming out late this year or sometime next year. I don't know that they set a release date yet.

unreal_nl

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Most of the ut versions come are like the fifa games :)

Fifa 2006 released in 2005 etc.. :)

Probaly end this year :) I hope so... But are there any speculation about the hardware you need to run this game?

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I have owned all of them since the first Unreal. Love them all. Look here Of course Epic maintains the stand similar to id... released "when its done".

UT2003 was in fall 2002, but UT2004 was spring 2004 with Bonus pack in winter 2004. I would expect them to hit before the holidays this year, but like 2004 it could be pushed back if not done in time because thankfully Epic does not rush it... they make sure it is good. (and it seems that new publisher Midway is content to let them do that)

unreal_nl

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Readed from a old (2005 E3 version) game magazine (dutch) That it will be released in the Q3 of 2006 but on some toehr site i have seen Q4 so Im really confused :(

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well they are calling it UT2007 so I'm assuming it would be coming out late this year or sometime next year. I don't know that they set a release date yet.

I've heard the ut 2007 is coming out along with ps3's launch this year. For the pc version I think it's gonna be late this year.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I have read that Epic is still comitted first to pc... which they went on to say that the pc version is first, then the ps3... I thnk it was an article on gamasutra.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Well, like EVERYTHING that actually has a real model year, from sports games (like Madden NFL) to cars, the model year is actually one higher than the year that it's released in. Unreal Tournament 2007, as it's called, is scheduled for relaease later this year, though the exact date is uncertain. As it's been noted, the PC version will come first, particularly given that consoles will not have AGEIA's PhysX chip availible, nor have SM 4.0/DirectX 10 support; UT2k7 is known to support the former, and is believed to also incorporate the latter, if the user has support for it.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I believe you, but with ut2k7 going ps3 that tells me that ps3 is gonna be a wicked console. I mean, have you seen the demo's of ut2k7? It's so meticulously detailed and is more stuff being added. It's gonna be a graphics hungry game but sony's console would be able to hack it, otherwise it wouldn't go on ps3.

Well, I hope it comes out this summer. Man it just keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to play.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
considering no-one has a dev-kit yet I am sure they (Epic) have no idea what the ps3 is or isn't capable of yet. They may yet have to "dumb down" some effects or they may be able to turn more on... who knows? i DO know that they are supremely devoted to the pc, and just like the versions for the x-box vs the pc the pc version will be the best all-around looking and playing version. I am however interested what the ps3 will be capable of doing... will be nice to finally see whether the hype is worth it...

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I believe you, but with ut2k7 going ps3 that tells me that ps3 is gonna be a wicked console. I mean, have you seen the demo's of ut2k7? It's so meticulously detailed and is more stuff being added. It's gonna be a graphics hungry game but sony's console would be able to hack it, otherwise it wouldn't go on ps3.

Well, I hope it comes out this summer. Man it just keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to play.
Given that all of the demos for it have been on the PC, and moreover, on a PC equipped with the PhysX card (which the PS3 will NEVER have) keep in mind not to count the Gigaflop chickens before they hatch.

Keep in mind that many games get dumbed-down when ported to the console. Remember Doom3 and Half-Life2 on the Xbox? They had to be reduced below even the lowest possible settings on the PC to work, and, it appears, Doomn3 ran at only 320x240 on the Xbox. (with an "ultra low" texture setting half of the PC's "low," and shaders reduced, etc.)