Which messenger best for video chat?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I am looking at buying a pair of webcams to do video chats with my family
while I am on the road. I understand I need to install either messenger, or
another from yahoo, google, AIM, etc. Can someone make a recommendation
here?
Whichever one I chose, I ONLY need it for the occasional video chat - no
regular
IM'ing, etc. I do not want anyone to IM me anonymously. I also want
it to work at a high frame rate and be as idiot proof as possible. I will
only use this when I am assured that both sides have a good fast connection.

Thanks!

i use yahoo, i like ii, i do msn 7 just havent tryed it yet
--
xp-pro,sp2,ff1.0.6,40gb,380mb
vig mobo,900gz,

"Steve" wrote:

> I am looking at buying a pair of webcams to do video chats with my family
> while I am on the road. I understand I need to install either messenger, or
> another from yahoo, google, AIM, etc. Can someone make a recommendation
> here?
> Whichever one I chose, I ONLY need it for the occasional video chat - no
> regular
> IM'ing, etc. I do not want anyone to IM me anonymously. I also want
> it to work at a high frame rate and be as idiot proof as possible. I will
> only use this when I am assured that both sides have a good fast connection.
>
> Thanks!

Greetings Steve,

At this point in time, I'd have to say MSN Messenger is the best for video (assuming both are
using version 7.x).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert