demitrinths

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2006
I have a problem with fear, its just that it crashes during gameplay, usually after it loads a new chapter, but after a few tries it passes without crashing.

Ive tried my same dvd at a friends with worst computer and it worked, I already downloaded my new drivers and all, but it doesent, work, and playing online it crashes after a while

its not overheating its temperature is not going over 45 degrees.

and requirements I have a XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800GS
2G ram
Athlon 64 of 3200
and the board id a k8 neo 4 or something like that.

Actually I was thinking taht maybe I installled the video card wrong, It has a connector on the side, I pluged it, I guessed its all right, or not?

well if anybody knows or this has happened to him I appreciate the help

thanks

Demitrinths

demitrinths

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2006
When I say my pc crashes it means, that theres a loud sound and it freezes totally (game and windows) so that I have to restart the pc manually.

I alread formated and installed windows again and nothing.

Somebody help plz

narhic_fd

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2005
okay ive had a problem like that to. Okay first thing, does it only crash like that, for the fear game?? or does it crash like that for all games, and even regular internet browsing?? I had a issue like that, and my computer would just freeze, sound would loop, and couldnt do anything , only restart computer. first it started to freeze when i got into some memory using abilities, like games. IT would take about an hour sometimes, then got worse and worse, couldnt even get into a game period, eventually, then would freeze little after i even turned it on. THe reason it is probally freezes when changing chapters cause thats a loading thing, which requires memory. First find out if it does it on all games. IF it does, how much ram do you have in? How many sticks? Are they same brand? Do you have any overclocking going on?? I eventually found out the reason for mine was that my memory slots had gone south for the winter and wasnt getting enough voltage to keep more then 1 stick of ram going. THe reason i knew taht cause when i uped the memory voltage then i could use 2 sticks in 2 slot, but eventually had to up the voltage more, and more each time wo were i couldnt up it anymore concered to my bios voltage selection. I sent the mobo back in for a replacement, and now everything is running great. Let me know how

Oh yeah are you getting any blue screens of death?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
What do you mean a loud sound? You mean a contineous beep after it freeze? Cause that could mean the memory, try running the Memtest and see if you have any errors on your ram.

demitrinths

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2006
reply : What do you mean a loud sound?

What i mean is that if im a gunshot is playing in the second it freezes it will sound really loud, like distorsioned and then total silence and the pc totally frozen.

about the other answer I have four sticks of 512 Mb and only two of them are in dual channel, so maybe you are right about the voltage. but I have to ask you for some extra help, how do I check it? how do I check the voltage or increase it if thats the case.

Ill be home tonight and check the Memtest so ill reply and tell you what it says.

also it freezes not in blue screen, when it does I keep seen what I was watching in the game.

thanks

Demitrinths

TRENDING THREADS