I can't add new emoticons...

When I try to add a new emoticon (for example, copying a emoticon displayed
from a contact) MSN (new version, 7.5) say everytime : "Invalid image file.
Try with another file" .

I think than this happens because I've installed all the patch for msn (with
Windows Update); If i remove, in Application Data/Microsoft/MsnMessenger...,
the folder with my number (where are saved emoticon, animoticon,
settings...) I Can add new emoticons...

What can I do to resolve the problem ?

Thank You and sorry for my bad ( ? ) english ...:))

Greetings Luca,

It sounds like your emoticon store has been broken, you'll need to rename the 'Emoticons'
folder within your client cache folder (App Data/Microsoft/MSN Messenger/number) and then
start adding your emoticons again from scratch.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Luca" <a.n@a> wrote in message news:GdUVe.50365$O6.2772292@news3.tin.it...
> When I try to add a new emoticon (for example, copying a emoticon displayed from a contact)
> MSN (new version, 7.5) say everytime : "Invalid image file. Try with another file" .
>
> I think than this happens because I've installed all the patch for msn (with Windows
> Update); If i remove, in Application Data/Microsoft/MsnMessenger..., the folder with my
> number (where are saved emoticon, animoticon, settings...) I Can add new emoticons...
>
> What can I do to resolve the problem ?
>
> Thank You and sorry for my bad ( ? ) english ...:))

> Greetings Luca,
>
> It sounds like your emoticon store has been broken, you'll need to rename
> the 'Emoticons' folder within your client cache folder (App
> Data/Microsoft/MSN Messenger/number) and then start adding your emoticons
> again from scratch.

Ok, Thank You !!

It's all ok.

Bye.

Hi,

That's great :)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Luca" <a.n@a> wrote in message news:splWe.69480$4g5.4243813@news4.tin.it...

>> Greetings Luca,
>>
>> It sounds like your emoticon store has been broken, you'll need to rename the 'Emoticons'
>> folder within your client cache folder (App Data/Microsoft/MSN Messenger/number) and then
>> start adding your emoticons again from scratch.
>

> Ok, Thank You !!
>
> It's all ok.
>
> Bye.

Mic_oss

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
I did'nt understand what I need to change.... can you explain me again step bye step plz....

I have this path for my account
Datos de programaMicrosoftMSN Messenger4225507644CustomEmoticons

What name I need to change?