Closed

Please make sure you have Directx 8.1 or higher installed...

Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2004 2:28:24 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Hi,

I have installed C&C General on my PC . It has on board intel 82865G
graphic card. But everytime try to run it after installation it gives
error:

"Please make sure you have Directx 8.1 or higher installed. Also
verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."

Any idea what's wrong .
I have checked at intel site for games combatibility . This card is
supported.

-Saket
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 25, 2004 12:50:31 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

The same thing happens to me right after I do a driver update on my ATI 9600
PRO AIW.
Usually after the second or third starting try, the game will work
Try totally deleting, then reinstalling the graphics driver.

"Saket Badola" <saki_cisco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have installed C&C General on my PC . It has on board intel 82865G
> graphic card. But everytime try to run it after installation it gives
> error:
>
> "Please make sure you have Directx 8.1 or higher installed. Also
> verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."
>
> Any idea what's wrong .
> I have checked at intel site for games combatibility . This card is
> supported.
>

> -Saket

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2004 5:41:14 PM

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The same thing happens to me right after I do a driver update on my ATI
9600
> PRO AIW.
> Usually after the second or third starting try, the game will work
> Try totally deleting, then reinstalling the graphics driver.
>
> "Saket Badola" <saki_cisco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed C&C General on my PC . It has on board intel 82865G
> > graphic card. But everytime try to run it after installation it gives
> > error:
> >
> > "Please make sure you have Directx 8.1 or higher installed. Also
> > verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."
> >
> > Any idea what's wrong .
> > I have checked at intel site for games combatibility . This card is
> > supported.
> >

> > -Saket

hmm this never happens to me but anyway i think that maybe ur comp isint
fast enough to play it. i mean intel integreated graphics arent that great
at all.. even some people with great comps have trouble playin it. i play
the game fine (case i have an area 51m wiht ati mobility radion 9600 128mb-
1 gb ram...and so on and it sometimes get slower when i play 8 players. but
some people with good comps have trouble on 3 players. I have heard that
this game has a bad net code. no idea what that is but basicly this means
that even with good comps this will still lag at some poits.- Some of the
mods that i make lag a whole bunch too cause of different things- but those
are mods :)
Maybe if u install direct x 9.0 again it might work.
Related resources
March 12, 2006 8:59:43 PM

I updated my graphics card driver and it consequently changed the supported resolutions. A little later when starting up Command & Conquer Generals or Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour I got this error:
"Please make sure you have DirectX 8.1 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."

My solution was to go into:
[code:1:063b2fdbb0]My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\Options.ini
Then change from:
"Resolution = 1280 960" to "Resolution = 1152 864"[/code:1:063b2fdbb0]
Alternatively one can simply delete Options.ini altogether and that should work.

This issue has come up a few times on the net unanswered:
http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=183154
http://www.cncgeneralsworld.com/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIV...
October 16, 2006 10:23:50 AM

imay be a bit laTE but this happend to me and i though that i had to say somthing

to all the new installations iunno

to all ppl who had played it before but ddnt work you must move or delete your c&c generals data from your documents. i trust you all kno wht tat is. if you are scared of losing your stats suck it up.

or ( i havent tried this) you go to your skirmish file copy everyhig in there play 1 game of skirmish then locate the new file and then paste everything into that, that should give youyour stats back also do the same thing with skirmishstats
June 24, 2007 10:08:58 PM

Hi I had same problem , I tried everything, as stated on forums only thing that worked for me was increaase "hardware accelation"
video,movie, etc are in different layers displayed.
any way try this

you also can simply
-right click on desktop
-properties
-settings
-troubleshoot
-move the slide to full hardware accelation

1. Click on Start > Control Panel.
2. In the classic view, double click on the Display icon.
3. Select the Settings tab and click on the Advanced button. The Advanced Settings dialog box appears.
4 Click on the Troubleshoot tab.
5. move the "hardware acceleration" slide to full

that solved the problem for me

let me know if it works
adisusa@yahoo.com
July 22, 2007 7:47:49 AM

I had the same problem on install of generals: zero hour

i reinstalled video card drivers and ran the li'l 200kb directx update tool on microsoft's website, neither helped.

what DID fix the problem for me was actually downloading the full redistributable of directx (it's about 50mg) and running it.

cheers
-Richard
October 26, 2007 9:24:11 AM

I had same problem with both C&C Generals & Zero Hour. Starting the game logged in a administrator fixed it in both instances.
October 26, 2007 9:26:35 AM

Just an additional note, everything I had was more than adequate, DirectX9.0c as well as 256Mb Nvidia 8800GTS so system adequacy was not this issue however my work around above has worked every time C&C Generals has been freshly installed. Enjoy!!!
December 23, 2008 4:47:28 PM

Well
I spent a while on this problem
Go to
>'My Documents'
>'Command and Conquer Generals/Zero Hour Data'
> Just Delete the 'Options.ini' File
Don't worry, when the game next starts up it might lag as it remakes it but thats it. Also i found this out, well i dunno if im the only one but go to
> '$:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Command and Conquer Generals\Data\english\Movies'
and remove, all the files in there to get
May 18, 2010 12:21:08 AM

its tellin me the draw and 3d acceleration are not available! what do i do!
a c 271 U Graphics card
May 18, 2010 2:00:04 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!