Windows Messenger 5.0 -> Outgoing messages only

map

I'm running WM 5.0 on my company's Exchange account. Everyone else in the
building has WM and uses it without a problem. I can add people and send
outgoing messages successfully, however any replies to me do not come
through. It looks like they send, but then, after a bit of lag, users
invariably get the following error: "The following message could not be
delivered to all recipients."

I'm not configured any differently than anyone else. I'm using the correct
login and my port information (as far as I'm aware) is the same as everyone
else's. I've contacted my IT people about it but they're a bit stumped. Can
anyone suggest some possible reasons for this, or point me to ways I could
begin to troubleshoot the problem? I'm running XP/SP2.

Thanks..

Greetings,

Do you have the built-in Windows Firewall engaged? If so, turn it off and then try.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert