Sign in with
Your question

first time build a pc :M810 series mobo help plz.

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 17, 2002 5:16:39 PM

Oh plz i hope some1 can help me on this.

this is my first time building a computer and i got M810 series motherboard AMD 1.4ghz 256mb ..... and new CASE this is the problem. This case im not sure whats the order to install the switch for the power to turn on the computer , i mean where do i install this on the motherboard ? i see on the manual and i did what i see but it doesnt work?
i see 2 switch for the ''power led'' 'power led + and - ' ?
but i dont know the order where do u put the - signal and the + ? and the others switch say : M/B SW , HDD LED , RESET SW . thats all i see im asking here cause maybe some of u got a mobo like this or instrution for this how to install it or some pictures to see how !?!? my old computer is the 1 im using now and im dying to see how 1.4ghz works ahhhhhhhh please i cant wait any more .. my old computer is only 450mhz 96mb . and im taking the same hard drive i have here to the other . plzplzplzplzplzplzplz.

any1 help me on this confused thing?
April 17, 2002 6:32:58 PM

Usually, the white wire is the negative (-) lead, so I would put it on so that the white wire is on PW - and the green (at least on my case) is on +.

If that doesn't work, just flip em around.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/myanandtech.html?member=87962" target="_new">My Rigs </A>
a b V Motherboard
April 18, 2002 12:52:21 AM

Damn newbies falling victim to that garbage board. Anyway pw led is for the power light on the front of the case, normally red is positive and black is negative, other color schemes usually include either a red or a black wire.

As for the power switch, it's normally maked pw-sw, but M/B sw is probably how yours is marked. It doesn't matter which way you hook that connector, the switch simply conects the two pins to each other.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
!