Ink Cartridges for the Printers.

Hi all.. I cant help thinking that Dell All-in-one printers are re-badged
Lexmark items. If so,can anyone advise what is the Lexmark equivalent of a
A920 All-In-One. I'd like to buy cartridges on the open market and not
captively from Dell (!!)
Thanks
Jimbo

Jimbo;
Black Lexmark 16 or 17
Color 26 or 27

But the Lexmark carts will not fit in the Dell printer, 2 options:
1. Get a Lexmark lid and place on the Dell cart.
2. Open the lid on the ink carrier.
You will see a little of plastic that prevents the lid from closing.
IIRC, it is center of Lexmark and to one side on a Dell
I have a friend who did this and uses Dell carts in a Lexmark printer so it
should work the other way around.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Jim McDonald" <jim@missile.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all.. I cant help thinking that Dell All-in-one printers are re-badged
> Lexmark items. If so,can anyone advise what is the Lexmark equivalent of a
> A920 All-In-One. I'd like to buy cartridges on the open market and not
> captively from Dell (!!)
> Thanks
> Jimbo

> Black Lexmark 16 or 17
> Color 26 or 27
> But the Lexmark carts will not fit in the Dell printer, 2 options:
> 1. Get a Lexmark lid and place on the Dell cart.
> 2. Open the lid on the ink carrier.

So far, so good

> You will see a little of plastic that prevents the lid from closing.
> IIRC, it is center of Lexmark and to one side on a Dell

This is actually the third option (not tried it myself) but its reported
you can cut away the plastic "web" for a permanent solution.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****

Thanks a load - I felt sure there was something - will try!!
Jimbo
"Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> Jimbo;
> Black Lexmark 16 or 17
> Color 26 or 27
>
> But the Lexmark carts will not fit in the Dell printer, 2 options:
> 1. Get a Lexmark lid and place on the Dell cart.
> 2. Open the lid on the ink carrier.
> You will see a little of plastic that prevents the lid from closing.
> IIRC, it is center of Lexmark and to one side on a Dell
> I have a friend who did this and uses Dell carts in a Lexmark printer so
> it should work the other way around.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Jim McDonald" <jim@missile.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi all.. I cant help thinking that Dell All-in-one printers are re-badged
>> Lexmark items. If so,can anyone advise what is the Lexmark equivalent of
>> a A920 All-In-One. I'd like to buy cartridges on the open market and not
>> captively from Dell (!!)
>> Thanks
>> Jimbo

Colin - thanks for this - will try. Jimbo