The oscar for kt333 motherboard goes too??

G

I read the review about the kt266 vs kt333 and I'm intrested to buy a new motherboard, whitch one should I buy and why?
1)Asus a7av333
2)Soyo dragon ultra
3)Abit (can't remember the name of the model)
4)Msi (can't remember the name of the model)
5)Epox (can't remember the name of the model)
6)gigabyte (can't remember the name of the model)
7)Shuttle (can't remember the name of the model)
8)Soltek (can't remember the name of the model)

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
lol... hey, i would like to know about the Kt333..

I know the Kt266a Dragon + was an excellent board, i hope their new Kt333 board is just as good as the Kt266a was!

This Community is like a Second Family!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i did a complex overclockers review of options on these boards... and each have good and bad points.

for me the overclocker there is no clear winner, although the epox 8k3a+ comes out on top. (according to my desires)

the abit kt333 is very wierd, with no legacy parallel/serial/ps2 slots + craploads of other options such as 6 usb2 and 4 ide raid connectors for up to a whopping 12 drives.

the asus is decent allround, but lacks overclockability

the soltec is ok, but lacks raid & overclocking options 1.85 Vcore max

the msi i think from memory may have trouble fitting the big heatsinks

the soyo doest have good Vcore options.

and the epox, while having proven overclock capability, has no USB2.0 or onboard lan.

anyway... enough gassbagging.
you can find a list of what i deem important for my motherboard HERE
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1</A>

My tech advice here is not free. Email your credit card detials to mynic@hotmail.com :smile: :wink:

jedge78

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2002
I dont plan on overclocking but I was wondering what your opinion was for the best kt333 mobo with good raid support. Right now I am undecided between the MSI and the Asus boards. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

G

Thanks a lot for your atenction, I'm very glad you all answered! Now I'm betwen Asus and the epox!!

To jedge78:
I think (after reading the article) that the MSI kt333 is realy not intresting because the tests that TomsHardware put kt266 against kt333 the asus and the Gigabyte are always on top scores but the MSI motherboard is almost every time on last place of kt333 mb!!!!

You can find the article about kt266vskt333 on this link:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/02q1/020220/index.html
It's a very nice test and explanation(realy amazing) about kt333vs266 the features and stuff!

Thanks you all, special thanks to lhgpoobaa (I read all your notes about overcloking, but I'm a regular user, just like to overclock video cards for games :) )
Have a nice week and weekend!

P.S. If someones would like to make more explanations please do it and help me to make my mind about what is the best...

hammad

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2002
ABIT AT 7 . no one comes against ABIT when its the time for overclocking
remember these ASUS MSI SOLTEK and GIGABYTE boards are almost the same with same jugglling features like usb 2 ,or cmedia sound and firewire.

only abit has card reader.
a sony memory stick interface
compact flash reader
upto 12 ide devices

abit AT7 is a revolutionary board, you cant go wrong with it

shmeggegie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
isn't kt333 not really worth it, though, since the proc only has an fsb of 266? I don't understand the value of a board that supports ddr333 when the processor is just going to cause it to bottleneck back down to 266 anyway. I'm not criticizing, mind you, I'm legitimately wondering what the value could be...

jedge78

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2002
I'm not totally sure, but the main advantages seem to center around usb 2.0, and the pc 2700 memory, although the memory doesn't make a huge difference without significant overclocking. Can anyone comment on the Gigabyte kt333 board. I was looking at it on newegg and it seemed like a good choice.

Thanx

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What's the difference between the A7V266-E and the other variants?

Was the original A7V266 a KT266 chipset vs KT266A?

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>

unoc

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
I would go to ASUS. When you will be happy of your KT333 mobo you will find ASUS A7V333 a great boards. It has everything you can image. RAID133, 6 USB (2 USB with 2.0 standard) Firewire 1394 for video input (133 MB/s), Audio chip onboard and finally a plug to connect smart media card and GSM sim reader (a downloadable software allows you to modify the setting of yours GSM SIM card).
It does not make coffee.