Remote Assistance

My friend and I have the latest version of Messenger and have been trying for
ions to connect remotely but we keep getting the same message on both ends "
Your invitation was not sent because you need the latest version of Messenger
to use the Remote Assistance Features." Is there anyone who can assist with
resolving this issue?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about remote assistance

    Greetings,

    You're probably trying to use MSN Messenger. Although MSN Messenger has the "Remote
    Assistance" option in it, it still needs Windows Messenger installed to be successful. You
    can find Windows Messenger here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "lluvely1" <lluvely1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My friend and I have the latest version of Messenger and have been trying for
    > ions to connect remotely but we keep getting the same message on both ends "
    > Your invitation was not sent because you need the latest version of Messenger
    > to use the Remote Assistance Features." Is there anyone who can assist with
    > resolving this issue?
    >
    > Thanks

Connection Messenger Microsoft Windows XP