My friend and I have the latest version of Messenger and have been trying for
ions to connect remotely but we keep getting the same message on both ends "
Your invitation was not sent because you need the latest version of Messenger
to use the Remote Assistance Features." Is there anyone who can assist with
resolving this issue?

Thanks

Greetings,

You're probably trying to use MSN Messenger. Although MSN Messenger has the "Remote
Assistance" option in it, it still needs Windows Messenger installed to be successful. You
can find Windows Messenger here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8d9eb73-5f8c-4b9a-940f-9157a3b3d774
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert