anson

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004

I would like to create some custom winks, is there any resources that can
help?
Such as how to install it into MSN Messenger, and what is the format for the
winks file etc.

Thanks.

Not that it's terribly important but I have the same question. They're made
with Macromedia's Flash movie but I can't seem to understand the integration
of them. Microsoft, please release a tool that converts Flash to Wink,
Dynamic Background or character. who knows, if they get interactive - after
studio 8 is out - we may have what V-Chat shoulda been. :p

-Stealth Paladin

"Anson" wrote:

> I would like to create some custom winks, is there any resources that can
> help?
> Such as how to install it into MSN Messenger, and what is the format for the
> winks file etc.
>
> Thanks.

Greetings,

It's not going to happen. There is documentation around that people have assembled on how
they work but you cannot use them in Messenger unless they are digitally signed.

Winks are considered a revenue stream for Messenger at the moment, so...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert