TFD -- just how hard?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Have a question for the DF vets here. After starting w/ DF1 months ago and
currently working my way thru TFD, after DF2 and DFLW -- all on a "hard"
setting as a SP, I can't help but feel (after 6 missions) that's something's
missing from TFD -- like a challenge.

The AI figures are basically just standing around, waiting to be be blown away,
and only if I'm real slow in responding might they get a kill. Going thru the
underground tunnels is really like a walk in the park for the most part; an AI
figure will be standing there, not reacting to his buddy being sent to Allah,
and I'm kneeling just a few feet away, etc., etc.

In any event, have others experienced the same? Yes, I know, move to MP online
.... <g> But as far as SP is concerned, anyone else also have a letdown after
getting thru DFLW? Thanks

MW
-------------------------------------
"All actions in war will be based on incomplete, inaccurate, or even
contradictory information." -- HQUSMC, Warfighting(MCDP-1)

Mike Weeks wrote:
> Have a question for the DF vets here. After starting w/ DF1 months
> ago and currently working my way thru TFD, after DF2 and DFLW -- all
> on a "hard" setting as a SP, I can't help but feel (after 6 missions)
> that's something's missing from TFD -- like a challenge.
>
> The AI figures are basically just standing around, waiting to be be
> blown away, and only if I'm real slow in responding might they get a
> kill. Going thru the underground tunnels is really like a walk in
> the park for the most part; an AI figure will be standing there, not
> reacting to his buddy being sent to Allah, and I'm kneeling just a
> few feet away, etc., etc.
>
> In any event, have others experienced the same? Yes, I know, move to
> MP online ... <g> But as far as SP is concerned, anyone else also
> have a letdown after getting thru DFLW? Thanks
>
> MW
> -------------------------------------
> "All actions in war will be based on incomplete, inaccurate, or even
> contradictory information." -- HQUSMC, Warfighting(MCDP-1)

Yeah, I wasn't very impressed with TFD either. To easy, and it seemed very
rushed to me. The best thing about it was you got to use a fully automatic
rifle with a silencer :)

Devast8or

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

>From: "Devast8or" invalid@invalid.invalid
>Date: 4/22/2004 01:26 Pacific Daylight Time

> ... The best thing about it was you got to use a fully automatic
>rifle with a silencer :)

Yes indeed, the silencer-equipped major weapons are indeed very useful.

Perhaps' that's my "problem" ... <g> Might try a few missions w/ a standard
"M16" and see how the AI figures react.

MW

Mike Weeks wrote:
>>From: "Devast8or" invalid@invalid.invalid
>>Date: 4/22/2004 01:26 Pacific Daylight Time
>

>>... The best thing about it was you got to use a fully automatic
>>rifle with a silencer :)
>

> Yes indeed, the silencer-equipped major weapons are indeed very useful.
>
> Perhaps' that's my "problem" ... <g> Might try a few missions w/ a standard
> "M16" and see how the AI figures react.
>
> MW
Probably not much difference. IMHO, Novalogic's enemy AI is sorely
lacking and Ive played them all from DF1 to Team Sabre. The MOH games
from EA have better AI. Throw a grenade at a German soldier and he will
at least react or run the other way. The only reason I continue to buy
the DF games is the multi-player.
Just some thoughts. I welcome responses.
Bobtail

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

>From: Bobtail bobtail362@hotmail.com
>Date: 7/7/2004 20:50 Pacific Daylight Time

>Mike Weeks wrote:
>>>From: "Devast8or" invalid@invalid.invalid
>>>Date: 4/22/2004 01:26 Pacific Daylight Time
>>

>>>... The best thing about it was you got to use a fully automatic
>>>rifle with a silencer :)
>>

>> Yes indeed, the silencer-equipped major weapons are indeed very useful.
>>
>> Perhaps' that's my "problem" ... <g> Might try a few missions w/ a
>standard
>> "M16" and see how the AI figures react.
>>
>> MW
>Probably not much difference.

You're right -- not much different.

>IMHO, Novalogic's enemy AI is sorely
>lacking and Ive played them all from DF1 to Team Sabre.

Ugh; haven't loaded up BHD or TS yet ...

>The MOH games
>from EA have better AI. Throw a grenade at a German soldier and he will
>at least react or run the other way.

As does the AI in the RS games by Clancy; yet the AI still manage to act as if
they have a serious hearing problem far too many times.

>The only reason I continue to buy
>the DF games is the multi-player.

I know, I know ... <g>

>Just some thoughts. I welcome responses.

MW

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Get BHD and TS. They are much better than Land Warrior. No need to even
compare them with TFD. Best thing...very, very few cheats in the MP games.
Ive only ran into maybe 2 in BHD online. Went into LW 2 nights ago and was
attacked by a flying auto nader. BHD is well worth it for the online play
alone.