ASUS A7M266 - Hard question !

Hello Everybody,
I mail those questions to ASUS technical support
but they didnt comeback to me,
and the answer is very important to me,
Please - Someone that can help here...

the questions start from the end ( like Email )

Thank's,
Guy.

Hello again,

After i change the BIOS ver from 1003 to 1002
all the things started to work properly
( i didn't check the H.D yet... )

I want too know what are the diffrences between the
BIOS ver. 1002 - 6

and what i do with those problems :
* after i shutdown my windows he finish to close
windows but the power stay on ( with bios ver 1003
it's worked - the power shuted )
* when i run the eide141g.exe application from your
site he write : No AMD component found !!!
( I have A7M266 m.b. with the AMD-761 Chipset ???!!! )
* with all the others bios ver. the computer don't
work well - alot of problems...

HELP NEEDED !!!

Thank's,
Guy.

guygesh@yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 06:36:41 -0800 (PST)
From: "Guy Geshvindman" <guygesh@yahoo.com>
Subject: Problems...
To: tsd@asus.com.tw

Hello,

I need some help with yours product...

I have an:
A7M266 MotherBoard with the 1003 bios ver.
Windows XP

The problems :
* every time i update the BIOS the windows crashed
and a blue screen is a peard ? ( i tried all the bios
ver.: 1004,1005,1006 - where i can find the diffrences
between them ? )
* i have a quantom 6.4 GB FireBall hard disk
that i working very good on others PC's but
on my muchine he can't recognize - and the other HD
dont recognize too - when them both connected )
* i now bought a new sony crx175a1 cd-rw and
he recognize him but he don't work properly.
* another CD-roms that i connected to this muchine
work for short-period of time and then stop beed
recognized...

I think that the problem is with the IDE on the
motherboard - this is the common between all of thos
problems...

Please - HELP NEEDED !!!

Thank's,
Guy.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
dont update your bios via Windows but via dos.
this doesnt work properly under windows with asus mb.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
yes you can download asus flash v137 from their site.
put it on a bootable dos disk with the last bios file
instead of asus update using.