privacy icon

I have gotten a icon for the privacy report showing on
the line above the task bar i guess i did something to
cause this to suddenly appear not sure what. It does not
seem to be harming anything can i please get advise on
what to do to get rid of it? or should i?
thanks for the help in advance you are so great helping
us laywomen

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:39:47 -0800, jessie wrote:

> I have gotten a icon for the privacy report showing on
> the line above the task bar i guess i did something to
> cause this to suddenly appear not sure what. It does not
> seem to be harming anything can i please get advise on
> what to do to get rid of it? or should i?

If you double click the privacy icon, it will tell you why it is there. For
example, I have IE configured to accept some cookies and block others. When
I visit a site that tries to drop a cookie from a domain that I've blocked,
the privacy symbol appears. Its appearance tells me that my privacy
settings are working. Double clicking on the symbol brings up a window
telling me exactly which cookies were blocked.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Jessie