I just put together a system for somebody with the following stuff:

DFI AK76-SN
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Hercules Muse XL
Jaton V.92 modem
Asus TNT2 Ultra
Maxtor HDD
Antec 400W ps

Are there any patches/bug fixes I should concern myself with before I ship this bad boy out? I haven't put one of these together in awhile.

I can't think of a good signature so I'll use this one.

More about : amd 760 686b

April 21, 2002 5:38:16 PM

Addendum:

I put the above system together and had a bit of a problem. I was installing all of the drivers and had difficulty installing the Muse XL drivers. This is an upgrade from a PII 400 and I'm using Windows Me, so the drivers should still be there.

I got the latest drivers off the Hercules web site and executed it. Upon execution it stated that there was no Muse XL sound card! So I tried to reinstall the drivers through device manager. Upon doing so it read, "_chkdsk.exe not found" or something to that effect. I did a search of the entire HDD and found no _chkdsk.exe.

I restarted and all of a sudden I had sound! However, a DOS window popped up as the program _chkdsk was now running and in the window it stated "Parse error 3". I did another search for _chkdsk.exe and there it was in the Windows/System folder. So now everytime I restart the PC that _chkdsk.exe runs and the DOS window pops up and reads "Parse error3".

I then removed _chkdsk.exe from the Windows/System folder and now everything works fine. I have two questions. What the hell just happened? What the hell is _chkdsk.exe?

April 21, 2002 5:51:39 PM

Thanks. I forgot the miniport driver.

Related resources
!