Delay in opening windows directories

April 2, 2004 2:39:08 PM

I have encountered an irritating problem that I thought I once saw a
solution to.

What explains the lengthy delay - 5-6-7 seconds - when you try to open some
kind of explorer or my computer new drive / directory? Or to open / save a
document from / into a different directory or drive/directly than the one
the original open / save "menu" shows when you first open it?

Somewhere, I thought I saw a reference to a registry setting that regulates
the "wait" or delay.

Help! It is beyond irritating.

Thanks, David Pike
April 2, 2004 2:53:39 PM

I can't help with registry settings but when was the last time that you ran
defrag or a disk clean up?
--
Ron
Be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

"DP" <dpike@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
> I have encountered an irritating problem that I thought I once saw a
> solution to.
>
> What explains the lengthy delay - 5-6-7 seconds - when you try to open
some
> kind of explorer or my computer new drive / directory? Or to open / save a
> document from / into a different directory or drive/directly than the one
> the original open / save "menu" shows when you first open it?
>
> Somewhere, I thought I saw a reference to a registry setting that
regulates
> the "wait" or delay.
>
> Help! It is beyond irritating.
>
> Thanks, David Pike

April 2, 2004 3:40:20 PM

This is a problem I KNOW I saw referred to in a computer magazine once! What
I don't understand is how or why the setting would have been changed, since
I didn't do it.

DP

news:o 5e7htMGEHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...