Delay in opening windows directories

I have encountered an irritating problem that I thought I once saw a
solution to.

What explains the lengthy delay - 5-6-7 seconds - when you try to open some
kind of explorer or my computer new drive / directory? Or to open / save a
document from / into a different directory or drive/directly than the one
the original open / save "menu" shows when you first open it?

Somewhere, I thought I saw a reference to a registry setting that regulates
the "wait" or delay.

Help! It is beyond irritating.

Thanks, David Pike
2 answers Last reply
More about delay opening windows directories

    I can't help with registry settings but when was the last time that you ran
    defrag or a disk clean up?
    --
    Ron
    Be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

    "DP" <dpike@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
    > I have encountered an irritating problem that I thought I once saw a
    > solution to.
    >
    > What explains the lengthy delay - 5-6-7 seconds - when you try to open
    some
    > kind of explorer or my computer new drive / directory? Or to open / save a
    > document from / into a different directory or drive/directly than the one
    > the original open / save "menu" shows when you first open it?
    >
    > Somewhere, I thought I saw a reference to a registry setting that
    regulates
    > the "wait" or delay.
    >
    > Help! It is beyond irritating.
    >
    > Thanks, David Pike

    This is a problem I KNOW I saw referred to in a computer magazine once! What
    I don't understand is how or why the setting would have been changed, since
    I didn't do it.

    DP

    "Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
    > I can't help with registry settings but when was the last time that you
    ran
    > defrag or a disk clean up?
    > --
    > Ron
    > Be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.
    >
    > "DP" <dpike@email.unc.edu> wrote in message
    > > I have encountered an irritating problem that I thought I once saw a
    > > solution to.
    > >
    > > What explains the lengthy delay - 5-6-7 seconds - when you try to open
    > some
    > > kind of explorer or my computer new drive / directory? Or to open / save
    > > document from / into a different directory or drive/directly than the
    one
    > > the original open / save "menu" shows when you first open it?
    > >
    > > Somewhere, I thought I saw a reference to a registry setting that
    > regulates
    > > the "wait" or delay.
    > >
    > > Help! It is beyond irritating.
    > >
    > > Thanks, David Pike