quiet

Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2004 1:22:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.

Sarge<GD>

www.thegundogs.com

More about : quiet

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 1:22:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Well then Sarge old boy, lets make some noise:)

I remember what it was like here over 3 years ago. A day didn't go by
without checking this NG and the DF Binary group. Oh to have a dollar for
each post I made back then.

--
Support local search and rescue; GET LOST!!!

FlytEng <GD>

"Scott Johnson" <scottajohnson@{REMOVE_THIS_TEXT}charter.net> wrote in
message news:108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com...
> It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.
>

> Sarge<GD>
>

> www.thegundogs.com

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 5:46:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Well there gents, Looks like we need to be seeing a bit more noise from the
GD crowd......
--
Damor <TZW>
www.timezone-warriors.net

Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
inevitable....

"FlytEng <GD>" <jncmadz@no-spam.flytnoc.com> wrote in message
> Well then Sarge old boy, lets make some noise:)
>
> I remember what it was like here over 3 years ago. A day didn't go by
> without checking this NG and the DF Binary group. Oh to have a dollar for
> each post I made back then.
>
> --
> Support local search and rescue; GET LOST!!!
>
> FlytEng <GD>
>
> "Scott Johnson" <scottajohnson@{REMOVE_THIS_TEXT}charter.net> wrote in
> message news:108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com...
> > It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.
> >

> > Sarge<GD>
> >

> > www.thegundogs.com

April 27, 2004 5:47:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

it must be that people are playing more and chatting less.

"Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> Well there gents, Looks like we need to be seeing a bit more noise from
the
> GD crowd......
> --
> Damor <TZW>
> www.timezone-warriors.net
> DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
>
> Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
> inevitable....
>

> "FlytEng <GD>" <jncmadz@no-spam.flytnoc.com> wrote in message
> > Well then Sarge old boy, lets make some noise:)
> >
> > I remember what it was like here over 3 years ago. A day didn't go by
> > without checking this NG and the DF Binary group. Oh to have a dollar
for
> > each post I made back then.
> >
> > --
> > Support local search and rescue; GET LOST!!!
> >
> > FlytEng <GD>
> >
> > "Scott Johnson" <scottajohnson@{REMOVE_THIS_TEXT}charter.net> wrote in
> > message news:108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com...
> > > It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.
> > >

> > > Sarge<GD>
> > >

> > > www.thegundogs.com

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 2:37:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

If people are playing more? Then where? and What?

--

message news:108rm4f811a0ef6@corp.supernews.com...
> it must be that people are playing more and chatting less.
>

> "Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> > Well there gents, Looks like we need to be seeing a bit more noise from
> the
> > GD crowd......
> > --
> > Damor <TZW>
> > www.timezone-warriors.net
> > DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
> >
> > Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It
is
> > inevitable....
> >

> > "FlytEng <GD>" <jncmadz@no-spam.flytnoc.com> wrote in message
> > > Well then Sarge old boy, lets make some noise:)
> > >
> > > I remember what it was like here over 3 years ago. A day didn't go by
> > > without checking this NG and the DF Binary group. Oh to have a dollar
> for
> > > each post I made back then.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Support local search and rescue; GET LOST!!!
> > >
> > > FlytEng <GD>
> > >
> > > "Scott Johnson" <scottajohnson@{REMOVE_THIS_TEXT}charter.net> wrote in
> > > message news:108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com...

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:30:10 PM

> If people are playing more? Then where? and What?

OFP at TJs :-)

April 27, 2004 9:44:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

BFV, BF DC and DCX with my fellow GDers. Lox usually puts up a server for
us to play on. If any of our old buds would like to join us just drop us a
line. Lately we have been up and playing every night around 6PM PST.

--
Support local search and rescue; GET LOST!!!

FlytEng <GD>

"Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> If people are playing more? Then where? and What?
>
> --
> Damor <TZW>
> www.timezone-warriors.net
> DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
>
> Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
> inevitable....
>

> "Scott Johnson" <scottajohnson@{REMOVE_THIS_TEXT}charter.net> wrote in
> message news:108rm4f811a0ef6@corp.supernews.com...
> > it must be that people are playing more and chatting less.
> >

> > "Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> > > Well there gents, Looks like we need to be seeing a bit more noise
from
> > the
> > > GD crowd......
> > > --
> > > Damor <TZW>
> > > www.timezone-warriors.net
> > > DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
> > >
> > > Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane.
It
> is
> > > inevitable....
> > >

> > > "FlytEng <GD>" <jncmadz@no-spam.flytnoc.com> wrote in message

> > for

April 28, 2004 1:39:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

G'DAY!!!!!
BHD @ *AUS* if not playin BF-V with Lox n' Co. (Ltd.) ;o)
That is WHEN I'm not just chattin with the crew:o )

--
Kiwi;?<GD>
GunDogs! We put the kill in skill......um........or is that the ass in
"TONIK <TZW>" <keukentjes@home.nobademail.nl> wrote in message
> "Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> > If people are playing more? Then where? and What?
>

> OFP at TJs :-)

April 29, 2004 8:57:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

df2 =UFP= Holodeck, =UFP=Shadowzone, or =UFP= Galaxy all A&D servers.

"Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> If people are playing more? Then where? and What?
>
> --
> Damor <TZW>
> www.timezone-warriors.net
> DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
>
> Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
> inevitable....
>

> "Scott Johnson" <scottajohnson@{REMOVE_THIS_TEXT}charter.net> wrote in
> message news:108rm4f811a0ef6@corp.supernews.com...
> > it must be that people are playing more and chatting less.
> >

> > "Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> > > Well there gents, Looks like we need to be seeing a bit more noise
from
> > the
> > > GD crowd......
> > > --
> > > Damor <TZW>
> > > www.timezone-warriors.net
> > > DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
> > >
> > > Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane.
It
> is
> > > inevitable....
> > >

> > > "FlytEng <GD>" <jncmadz@no-spam.flytnoc.com> wrote in message

> > for

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 9:51:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

YO KRIS!!! STILL OVER HERE EAST OF YOU!!! CAN YOU HERE ME NOW??? LOL

Anyways and anyhow we are still here and there in BHD&BFV. I play a
lot with the Warnuts gang cause they are around better for our
timezone but I still catch up with me m8s quite often. Even went and
met Flyt and Lox and families last month in LasVegas.

and, oh yea, WE DIDN'T DESERT DF COUNTY FOR THAT OTHER GAME*!!!

If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid!!

Rattler<GD>
ICQ#17425814

May 12, 2004 12:51:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

I tried, heck even requested help from the big guy himself (the creator of
this here group if I'm not mistaken) Mr. PoinTMan, to get A.G.O-P started.
But it filled up fast with lackies and my bro's took to long to meander
over.

Long story short, I'm a lurker, not a poster over there.
"Rattler<GD>" <bob@> wrote in message
| YO KRIS!!! STILL OVER HERE EAST OF YOU!!! CAN YOU HERE ME NOW??? LOL
|
| Anyways and anyhow we are still here and there in BHD&BFV. I play a
| lot with the Warnuts gang cause they are around better for our
| timezone but I still catch up with me m8s quite often. Even went and
| met Flyt and Lox and families last month in LasVegas.
|

| and, oh yea, WE DIDN'T DESERT DF COUNTY FOR THAT OTHER GAME*!!!
|
| If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid!!
|
| Rattler<GD>
| ICQ#17425814

| http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
| -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 11:29:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Quoted text: Scott Johnson [<108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com>]:

>It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.

The competition in online games is rather big - look at the new
Battlefield Vietnam. Each month new titles are being put on the market
and the players buy them.
And then, even "classic" strategy titles or fantasy games (like the
new Sacred) now have a multiplayer part. Players who played them only
in singleplayer and preferred shooters for multiplayer - they now play
those games online, too.

Besides, I've seen many people turn away from the Delta Forces series.
DF1 was the entrance to a new world of military simulations, DF2 with
the grass was - at least for me - the best title so far.
I see a decline as far as Landwarrior and TFD are concerned. BHD was
able to stop this downward movement a bit. But what then?
Will there be a DF5?
Will Joint Operations be a good successor to the series - or just an
attempt a drawing Battlefield players to Novalogic's products?

And a general point: much of the communication now takes place in the
forums on the WWW. This is not the only newsgroup which has become
rather quiet.

Well, that's my 2 ct.

cu
Victor

--
http://victor-whiskey.cooltrade.de/
May 13, 2004 11:29:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Newsgroups in general have given way to bulletin boards... It's a shame
really. I liked the older days where people would just kinda pop in and out
on a single tool for communication. Now it seems like people bounce around
so much it's just too easy to lose touch.

Such is life... I suppose

--
zero <GD>
www.thegundogs.com

"Volker Wagner" <vww@gmx.org> wrote in message
| Quoted text: Scott Johnson [<108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com>]:
|
| >It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.
|
| The competition in online games is rather big - look at the new
| Battlefield Vietnam. Each month new titles are being put on the market
| and the players buy them.
| And then, even "classic" strategy titles or fantasy games (like the
| new Sacred) now have a multiplayer part. Players who played them only
| in singleplayer and preferred shooters for multiplayer - they now play
| those games online, too.
|
| Besides, I've seen many people turn away from the Delta Forces series.
| DF1 was the entrance to a new world of military simulations, DF2 with
| the grass was - at least for me - the best title so far.
| I see a decline as far as Landwarrior and TFD are concerned. BHD was
| able to stop this downward movement a bit. But what then?
| Will there be a DF5?
| Will Joint Operations be a good successor to the series - or just an
| attempt a drawing Battlefield players to Novalogic's products?
|
| And a general point: much of the communication now takes place in the
| forums on the WWW. This is not the only newsgroup which has become
| rather quiet.
|
| Well, that's my 2 ct.
|
| cu
| Victor
|
| --
| http://victor-whiskey.cooltrade.de/
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 12:49:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

"Volker Wagner" <vww@gmx.org> wrote in message
> Quoted text: Scott Johnson [<108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com>]:
>
> >It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.
>
> The competition in online games is rather big - look at the new
> Battlefield Vietnam. Each month new titles are being put on the market
> and the players buy them.
> And then, even "classic" strategy titles or fantasy games (like the
> new Sacred) now have a multiplayer part. Players who played them only
> in singleplayer and preferred shooters for multiplayer - they now play
> those games online, too.
>
> Besides, I've seen many people turn away from the Delta Forces series.
> DF1 was the entrance to a new world of military simulations, DF2 with
> the grass was - at least for me - the best title so far.
> I see a decline as far as Landwarrior and TFD are concerned. BHD was
> able to stop this downward movement a bit. But what then?
> Will there be a DF5?
> Will Joint Operations be a good successor to the series - or just an
> attempt a drawing Battlefield players to Novalogic's products?
>
> And a general point: much of the communication now takes place in the
> forums on the WWW. This is not the only newsgroup which has become
> rather quiet.
>
> Well, that's my 2 ct.
>
> cu
> Victor
>
> --
> http://victor-whiskey.cooltrade.de/

i must agree, BF:V is an awesome game.
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 7:05:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

I frequent the TZW newsgroups myself and monitor these groups on a regular
basis. Just in case some of you Regs decide to repopulate these here
groups......

--

"zero" <bob_b1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Newsgroups in general have given way to bulletin boards... It's a shame
> really. I liked the older days where people would just kinda pop in and
out
> on a single tool for communication. Now it seems like people bounce
around
> so much it's just too easy to lose touch.
>
> Such is life... I suppose
>
> --
> zero <GD>
> www.thegundogs.com
>

> "Volker Wagner" <vww@gmx.org> wrote in message
> | Quoted text: Scott Johnson [<108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com>]:
> |
> | >It's hard to believe that this newsgroup is this quiet these days.
> |
> | The competition in online games is rather big - look at the new
> | Battlefield Vietnam. Each month new titles are being put on the market
> | and the players buy them.
> | And then, even "classic" strategy titles or fantasy games (like the
> | new Sacred) now have a multiplayer part. Players who played them only
> | in singleplayer and preferred shooters for multiplayer - they now play
> | those games online, too.
> |
> | Besides, I've seen many people turn away from the Delta Forces series.
> | DF1 was the entrance to a new world of military simulations, DF2 with
> | the grass was - at least for me - the best title so far.
> | I see a decline as far as Landwarrior and TFD are concerned. BHD was
> | able to stop this downward movement a bit. But what then?
> | Will there be a DF5?
> | Will Joint Operations be a good successor to the series - or just an
> | attempt a drawing Battlefield players to Novalogic's products?
> |
> | And a general point: much of the communication now takes place in the
> | forums on the WWW. This is not the only newsgroup which has become
> | rather quiet.
> |
> | Well, that's my 2 ct.
> |
> | cu
> | Victor
> |
> | --
> | http://victor-whiskey.cooltrade.de/

May 14, 2004 3:34:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

I can't remember the info needed to get to those NG's, I'll check with my
fellow GD'ers to see if I can't dig that info back up

--
zero <GD>
www.thegundogs.com

"Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
news:o HWoc.186796$M3.163532@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
| I frequent the TZW newsgroups myself and monitor these groups on a regular
| basis. Just in case some of you Regs decide to repopulate these here
| groups......
|
| --
| Damor <TZW>
| www.timezone-warriors.net
| DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
|
| Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
| inevitable....
|

| "zero" <bob_b1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Newsgroups in general have given way to bulletin boards... It's a shame
| > really. I liked the older days where people would just kinda pop in and
| out
| > on a single tool for communication. Now it seems like people bounce
| around
| > so much it's just too easy to lose touch.
| >
| > Such is life... I suppose
| >
| > --
| > zero <GD>
| > www.thegundogs.com
| >

| > "Volker Wagner" <vww@gmx.org> wrote in message
| > | Quoted text: Scott Johnson [<108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com>]:
| > |
| > |
| > | The competition in online games is rather big - look at the new
| > | Battlefield Vietnam. Each month new titles are being put on the market
| > | and the players buy them.
| > | And then, even "classic" strategy titles or fantasy games (like the
| > | new Sacred) now have a multiplayer part. Players who played them only
| > | in singleplayer and preferred shooters for multiplayer - they now play
| > | those games online, too.
| > |
| > | Besides, I've seen many people turn away from the Delta Forces series.
| > | DF1 was the entrance to a new world of military simulations, DF2 with
| > | the grass was - at least for me - the best title so far.
| > | I see a decline as far as Landwarrior and TFD are concerned. BHD was
| > | able to stop this downward movement a bit. But what then?
| > | Will there be a DF5?
| > | Will Joint Operations be a good successor to the series - or just an
| > | attempt a drawing Battlefield players to Novalogic's products?
| > |
| > | And a general point: much of the communication now takes place in the
| > | forums on the WWW. This is not the only newsgroup which has become
| > | rather quiet.
| > |
| > | Well, that's my 2 ct.
| > |
| > | cu
| > | Victor
| > |
| > | --
| > | http://victor-whiskey.cooltrade.de/

May 14, 2004 8:56:43 PM

Wot Damor said:)

--
Kiwi;?<GD>
GunDogs! We put the kill in skill......um........or is that the ass in
class???
"Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
news:o HWoc.186796$M3.163532@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I frequent the TZW newsgroups myself and monitor these groups on a regular
> basis. Just in case some of you Regs decide to repopulate these here
> groups......
>
> --
> Damor <TZW>
> www.timezone-warriors.net
> DF:BHD and Operation Flashpoint
>
> Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
> inevitable....
>

> "zero" <bob_b1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Newsgroups in general have given way to bulletin boards... It's a shame
> > really. I liked the older days where people would just kinda pop in and
> out
> > on a single tool for communication. Now it seems like people bounce
> around
> > so much it's just too easy to lose touch.
> >
> > Such is life... I suppose
> >
> > --
> > zero <GD>
> > www.thegundogs.com
> >

> > "Volker Wagner" <vww@gmx.org> wrote in message
> > | Quoted text: Scott Johnson [<108rdt2tcodkh70@corp.supernews.com>]:

> > | The competition in online games is rather big - look at the new
> > | Battlefield Vietnam. Each month new titles are being put on the market
> > | and the players buy them.
> > | And then, even "classic" strategy titles or fantasy games (like the
> > | new Sacred) now have a multiplayer part. Players who played them only
> > | in singleplayer and preferred shooters for multiplayer - they now play
> > | those games online, too.
> > |
> > | Besides, I've seen many people turn away from the Delta Forces series.
> > | DF1 was the entrance to a new world of military simulations, DF2 with
> > | the grass was - at least for me - the best title so far.
> > | I see a decline as far as Landwarrior and TFD are concerned. BHD was
> > | able to stop this downward movement a bit. But what then?
> > | Will there be a DF5?
> > | Will Joint Operations be a good successor to the series - or just an
> > | attempt a drawing Battlefield players to Novalogic's products?
> > |
> > | And a general point: much of the communication now takes place in the
> > | forums on the WWW. This is not the only newsgroup which has become
> > | rather quiet.
> > |
> > | Well, that's my 2 ct.
> > |
> > | cu
> > | Victor
> > |
> > | --
> > | http://victor-whiskey.cooltrade.de/

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 12:16:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Just go to :

http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org/

and click on the newsgroups link. All you need to know is in there. Hope to
see you there soon.

!