Outlook Express takes 5-7 min to start...

"Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>ever since I upgarded to XP. Any suggestions?

Did you disable the Windows Messenger with GPEDIT?

--
(tm)

"Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ever since I upgarded to XP. Any suggestions?
> Thanks!

If you removed Messenger incorrectly, it can do that. I mean the Messenger
that normally would come up when you load OE, not Windows Messenger. If you
did that, copy and paste the code below into notepad and save as file.reg
and run it then reboot and problem should be fixed.

Another problem can be your inbox is corrupted. If you have nothing to save
in your inbox, close OE and then search for inbox.* and delete it when it
comes up. Open OE again and it will find no inbox and recreate it.

Here's the code:

@echo off
echo Removing Microsoft Messenger...
rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %WinDir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

echo Disabling it from running in the future...
echo REGEDIT4>%temp%\nomsngr.reg
echo
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]>>%temp%\no
msngr.reg
echo "PreventRun"=dword:00000001>>%temp%\nomsngr.reg
echo "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001>>%temp%\nomsngr.reg
echo "PreventAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001>>%temp%\nomsngr.reg
echo "PreventBackgroundDownload"=dword:00000001>>%temp%\nomsngr.reg
echo "Disabled"=dword:00000001>>%temp%\nomsngr.reg
regedit /s %temp%\nomsngr.reg