Dmukpo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
hello, my computers optical scanner broke therefore making it impossible to read my civ 3 disk. I downloaded the no-cd patch from gameworld, but when i expand it it just says binkw32.dll was not found and cannot start. If anyone can help with this, please do.

~David

Dmukpo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
I am travelling through rural chile, somehow i think it will be tough to find a way to get a reliable new cd drive, and i dont get back for a month and a half, and it would be nice to have a game in the meantime....

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I am travelling through rural chile, somehow i think it will be tough to find a way to get a reliable new cd drive, and i dont get back for a month and a half, and it would be nice to have a game in the meantime....

And it will also be problematic to buy a new disk there as well (if you wanted to spend the money that way in the first place).

Please people, cut out the smart alec remarks and try to help this guy with a legit problem. I think it is perfectly clear that THG does not promote or condone piracy and/or copyright violations.

On the other hand, David, you must understand that helping you with this question on this forum can be considered a big help for those that have less legitimate intentions. Therefore I will lock this topic, and I am asking anyone out there that can help Dmukpo and reads this topic, to send him a private message (see the 'PM' option at the top of the screen).

I will sticky this topic for a week (as otherwise the topic might disappear quickly down the line because noone can post in it). I hope someone will be able to help you out, David.