Can't format a floppy

I can not format a floppy disc. I do not have Norton Anti virus software.
Any one else having this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about format floppy

    Is it just one particular floppy diskette that can't be formatted, or have
    you tried with others?.. I also do not have Norton Anti-virus.. I have
    McAfee Professional version 7.. in fact, I have used McAfee since it was
    first intro'd and I have never had a virus on my system.. no doubt, some
    will disagree with my choice..

    "RCM" <srvdt@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > I can not format a floppy disc. I do not have Norton Anti virus software.
    > Any one else having this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:51:47 -0500, "Mike"
    <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >Is it just one particular floppy diskette that can't be formatted, or have
    >you tried with others?.. I also do not have Norton Anti-virus.. I have
    >McAfee Professional version 7.. in fact, I have used McAfee since it was
    >first intro'd and I have never had a virus on my system.. no doubt, some
    >will disagree with my choice..
    >

    >"RCM" <srvdt@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >> I can not format a floppy disc. I do not have Norton Anti virus software.
    >> Any one else having this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    I ran into the same problem until I read that suspending your virus
    checker will let you format. Yep! It worked and I formatted my floppy
    with out any problem!

Floppy Disk Microsoft Format Windows XP