I can not format a floppy disc. I do not have Norton Anti virus software.
Any one else having this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike

Splendid

Is it just one particular floppy diskette that can't be formatted, or have
you tried with others?.. I also do not have Norton Anti-virus.. I have
McAfee Professional version 7.. in fact, I have used McAfee since it was
first intro'd and I have never had a virus on my system.. no doubt, some
will disagree with my choice..

"RCM" <srvdt@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I can not format a floppy disc. I do not have Norton Anti virus software.
> Any one else having this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:51:47 -0500, "Mike"
<mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Is it just one particular floppy diskette that can't be formatted, or have
>you tried with others?.. I also do not have Norton Anti-virus.. I have
>McAfee Professional version 7.. in fact, I have used McAfee since it was
>first intro'd and I have never had a virus on my system.. no doubt, some
>will disagree with my choice..
>

>"RCM" <srvdt@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I can not format a floppy disc. I do not have Norton Anti virus software.
>> Any one else having this problem. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I ran into the same problem until I read that suspending your virus
checker will let you format. Yep! It worked and I formatted my floppy
with out any problem!