Windows XP Fonts

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Hey,

Got a small and extremely annoying problem on my hands, this started yesterday I was on the PC yada yada. Shut down the box when out grabbed some dinner come to back fire the machine up. Boom italic everywhere basically anything that doesn’t have a preset font is in italic now. Web Pages, Word documents, even game menus.

Anyways I can't seem to get it back to normal any help would be very very appreciated.

Xeon

<font color=orange>Scratch Here To Reveal Prize</font color=orange>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
when I was testing XP server (those days) we had some kind of similar bug, it was adding couple of german layouts after the reboot, changing fonts, yadayada. just change it in the settings back to normal.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Well that's the problem all the settings appear to be normal yet the italics stays.

Xeon

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Fastest way to fix windows is to reinstall the thing, on the other hand, change font settings to something else than the present normal, reboot, then change it back to normal. I don't use XP no more, don't remember exact steps to fix it. Usually as I've said, change to different than you need, then back to what you need.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
MS told me to change some registries, did back to normal after a reboot, Thx guys!!!

Xeon