Kurashinno

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I have a question about FEAR. Great game, great graphics, very buggy. I would love some feedback to see if i'm the only one and it's my drivers/hardware or i'm not the only one and it's the game itself and it has cursed my pc! what happens is, is when i put the disc in or click the icon, the launcher loads, so i click 'play'. well it starts up playing all the developers' videos and everything just fine, but then the menu comes up, plays for around 10 sec and freezes. however, i can still hear the music and when i move the mouse and approach the area where the menu buttons are i can hear the hover-over sound. but i can see nothing. i alt-f4 that sucker and start it back up again and until i restart my pc, a pop window tells me that i have no direct 3D on my pc and i can't play any other games after that. but this only happens with FEAR, if i run dxdiag it's just fine before running FEAR then the previous message appears in dxdiag and in pop up form when running games AFTER running only FEAR pls help. :)