user profile doesn't match all user profile

Tags:
  • Start Menu
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 3, 2004 6:56:19 AM

My start menu for my login profile doesn't match the all
user profile under documents and settings. When I install
a new program, it doesn't appear in my start menu but does
appear in all users. I have to copy the all user profile
manually to my profile for the start menu to show the new
program.

More about : user profile match user profile

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 1:01:56 AM

Look for Startup, Programs, Startmenu, and commonstartup et al at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
and here
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm