Hi

Got a Pentium 800 with 128 mB RAM.
Used Win 98 SE until recently. When using W98 my PC was working relatively
fast.

After innstallingXP it run much slower
My question is;
Is my PC wreck or is XP really using so much more system resources than
W98??

Thanx
FC

"FCW" <nix@inline.no> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Got a Pentium 800 with 128 mB RAM.
> Used Win 98 SE until recently. When using W98 my PC was working relatively
> fast.
>
> After innstallingXP it run much slower
> My question is;
> Is my PC wreck or is XP really using so much more system resources than
> W98??
>
> Thanx
> FC

XP does require more overhead than 9x. I'm sure you would see an improvement
with more RAM. 128MB just isn't enough to expect perky performance from XP.
512MB is a more appropriate amount

Another thing you might try is turning off some of XP's "eye candy." Open
"System" in Control Panel and go to the Advanced tab. Click "Performance."
Experiment with the settings there. I've found it improves performance on my
2GHZ. P4M laptop to turn a bunch of the visual features off.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Anytime you put on a bigger OS, (more code), yes it takes longer to execute.
Yes as he said, 512 will get you moving faster.